Thread: Good brands of Filters

Default Good brands of Filters

Hi,would like to know which brands of filters for UV and CP is good?
    currently would like to invest on a good set of UV and CP.
    There is now a very thin (3mm) of Cp from Hoya right?Anybody knows how much is it?

Do a search on filter discussions. There are tons of them. In short, you won;t go wrond with Hoya SHMC or B+W filters. Available at Cathayphoto.

Deregistered

...eh... anyone know where I can find 28mm or 37mm star and closeup+4 filters?
    (yes, I know those thread sizes are really rare...CP doesn't have them...)

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    ...eh... anyone know where I can find 28mm or 37mm star and closeup+4 filters?
    (yes, I know those thread sizes are really rare...CP doesn't have them...)
    Try B&H New York
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by edwinywh
    Hi,would like to know which brands of filters for UV and CP is good?
    currently would like to invest on a good set of UV and CP.
    There is now a very thin (3mm) of Cp from Hoya right?Anybody knows how much is it?
    The Ultra Thin filters from HOYA, do not have a filter thread in front and hence the lens cap cannot grip the filter thread and you cannot attach the lens cap on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    The Ultra Thin filters from HOYA, do not have a filter thread in front and hence the lens cap cannot grip the filter thread and you cannot attach the lens cap on it.

yah,I read about it too~.Was considering whether to buy it or not only.Was thinking of just maybe buy good UV filter with front thread.

Quote Originally Posted by edwinywh
    yah,I read about it too~.Was considering whether to buy it or not only.Was thinking of just maybe buy good UV filter with front thread.
    try B+W. Expensive though

Guys,any idea of where to obtain more imformation of different brands of filters?I mean as in the specs of it.

Deregistered

Thanks Ian.

Too bad they still don't have the one I want.
    Sigh. Have to improvise liaozz.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Yup am facing this problem right now... can't put the lens cap on it and have to walk around without it...

Anyone has any solution to this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by BluesJr
    Yup am facing this problem right now... can't put the lens cap on it and have to walk around without it...

Anyone has any solution to this problem?
    I always dun use a lens cap and just dump my lens onto my camera bag. Lens cap is very troublesome and each time you are taking picture, you need to remove it. Since the filter is there to protect the front elements of the lens, the use of lens cap is a waste of time!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    I always dun use a lens cap and just dump my lens onto my camera bag. Lens cap is very troublesome and each time you are taking picture, you need to remove it. Since the filter is there to protect the front elements of the lens, the use of lens cap is a waste of time!

WOW wee!U are very HIONG!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    So do you use disposable filters?