View Poll Results: How's Photo Biz?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's good and where the cash is

    19 22.09%
  • Good enough to feed my family

    9 10.47%
  • So-so, still barely make it : |

    40 46.51%
  • I'm giving this up real soon, it's beginning to hurt real bad :X

    6 6.98%
  • Can't you see I'm selling, renting, and doing everything to get some bread?

    12 13.95%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

Thread: Is Photographic Business Really Bad in Singapore?

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pointblankshots
    Not everybody is made to be beautiful though. A model's main priority is to carry out the mood of the ad. Photography plays a major part in capturing beauty at stipulated angles. In fact, the models in the forum's not great but, remember, they're just helping a fellow pal with his/her photography portfolio. They don't deserved your comments as to whether they pretty or not. I'll agree if the photographer is probably not capable enough of getting the right looks, but c'mon, spare the talents in the forum...

    One thing I know, if you ever, ever try asking Diva, Elite or the other agencies to represent you, you'll be the first one shown to the door(if, that is how you look in the forum).
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

    WAT'S UR NAME? WHERE U STAY?

    I LIKE U!!!

    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

  2. #42

    Default

    well i dun see what the big fuss is about. there is nothing wrong with being self confident i guess.

    i seldom dress up nor put on war paint. i'm happier being a a t-shirt and jeans gal.. but when i do take the effort, i look different and surely people notice the difference as well... and perhaps pay a compliment or two.

    but of cos... i wouldn't go to the extend of saying i'm better or not. its all a matter of perspectives.



    shall we all just leave the poor gal alone? (well at least she is self-confident )
    Last edited by vanisia; 7th April 2004 at 02:48 PM.

  3. #43

    Default

    photography is NEVER a bad or losing business...if you talk about Singapore...you have to talk about the phrase "Cheap and Good"...only few would say "Expensive BUT Good. Go for it!" or "Convince me, I'll say No Problem"...bla bla bla

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jason's Heart
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    Well.. just look at the photos of the supposedly pro-models posted in some of the forums. Need I say more?

    i am curious, then what does this sentence of yours mean? care to elaborate? if you meant that you didn't say they are pretty or not

    do agree that some models are just out to help their fellow friends, i feel that it takes their courage, time and effort to be photographed. maybe they deserve some credits.

    i am dont know too much things about the photography market, but i think it's so-so situation for now. but demand, but not a lot. can still do. don't think it's dying in anyway. ^_^ keep shooting
    Last edited by vonvonz; 7th April 2004 at 03:24 PM.

  5. #45

    Default

    I don't think she is referring to those who are newbie models (who helped fellow photographers) but rather those "professional" models on a higher payment scheme..

    I think:
    1. Professional models must be able to pose for the photographers, no awkward poses please...
    2. Professional models at least must look professional, if do not possess great looks, at least must have style/poise/elegance/good figure.



    Quote Originally Posted by pointblankshots
    Not everybody is made to be beautiful though. A model's main priority is to carry out the mood of the ad. Photography plays a major part in capturing beauty at stipulated angles. In fact, the models in the forum's not great but, remember, they're just helping a fellow pal with his/her photography portfolio. They don't deserved your comments as to whether they pretty or not. I'll agree if the photographer is probably not capable enough of getting the right looks, but c'mon, spare the talents in the forum...

    One thing I know, if you ever, ever try asking Diva, Elite or the other agencies to represent you, you'll be the first one shown to the door(if, that is how you look in the forum).
    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    I have a lot of people telling me this. Not that I want to say so, all of the personal makeover and graduation studios I went (3 in all), the make-up artists, the bosses and the photographers all said so. And one of the studios is very well-known in Singapore, I do not hear them saying the same thing to other customers while I was in their shops. Not that I want to boast, even my friends and relatives said so too. Anyway, I was just sharing my own opinion.


    Well.. just look at the photos of the supposedly pro-models posted in some of the forums. Need I say more?

    Anyone can reach his/her own conclusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    ya right..



    sometimes i think i look better and more photogenic than the so-called professional models..

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vonvonz
    i am curious, then what does this sentence of yours mean? care to elaborate? if you meant that you didn't say they are pretty or not

    do agree that some models are just out to help their fellow friends, i feel that it takes their courage, time and effort to be photographed. maybe they deserve some credits.

    i am dont know too much things about the photography market, but i think it's so-so situation for now. but demand, but not a lot. can still do. don't think it's dying in anyway. ^_^ keep shooting

    i think some are helping, they deserve some credits for their courage, time, effort and money spent.. But some are supposed to be professional models employed for the sake of building portfolios??

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lenloai
    I don't think she is referring to those who are newbie models (who helped fellow photographers) but rather those "professional" models on a higher payment scheme..
    INNOVAS!! IS THAT U USING UR OTHER NICK?? http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=68491

    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (jst kiddin!)

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lenloai
    i think some are helping, they deserve some credits for their courage, time, effort and money spent.. But some are supposed to be professional models employed for the sake of building portfolios??

    mmm... so your point being?

    if the models are paid... they should at least have the decency to look good, be photogenic etc? or are you trying to imply its the photog's fault?


    Quote Originally Posted by lenloai
    1. Professional models must be able to pose for the photographers, no awkward poses please...
    2. Professional models at least must look professional, if do not possess great looks, at least must have style/poise/elegance/good figure.

    then again there is a contradiction...
    Last edited by vanisia; 7th April 2004 at 03:42 PM.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WAT? WAN TO STALK MI AH? LOLZ
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    wait the 4 heavenly kings all come in

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VampTreSS
    INNOVAS!! IS THAT U USING UR OTHER NICK?? http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=68491

    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (jst kiddin!)
    strange. why u link us together?

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jason's Heart
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    WOA~~~
    I jump into yellow river also can't wash clean!

    I don't mean they are not pretty.

    If someone is pretty, and u are prettier, does it mean she is not pretty?

    If someone is photogenic and u r more photogenic, is she not photogenic?

    If someone is photogenic, it doesn't mean she is not pretty. Just means that in photos, she is prettier than what she actually looks.





    I do not refer to those gals who are kind to offer their services. Their courage is great and it also took a great deal of preparation, time, effort, sweat and $. I applaud them for I do not possess such courage, I back off under no or little pressure..














    Woa.. now I am a star liao.. Notorious liao.. so sad..no face to see people..

    oh no, dont get me wrong, i am not trying to say bad or what, but very curious about the way you said it. *pat*

    so i guess if the model is not photogenic, then it's the photog's job to make them look pretty in photos eh?

    sorry. getting OT here. i'll stop my discussion. maybe start somewhere else. my apology

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lenloai
    strange. why u link us together?
    Why do u think I put the "just kiddin"?



    Just so happens u talk about the same things as our notorious star - Innovas

  13. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    WOA~~~
    I jump into yellow river also can't wash clean!

    I don't mean they are not pretty.

    If someone is pretty, and u are prettier, does it mean she is not pretty?

    If someone is photogenic and u r more photogenic, is she not photogenic?

    If someone is photogenic, it doesn't mean she is not pretty. Just means that in photos, she is prettier than what she actually looks.

    I do not refer to those gals who are kind to offer their services. Their courage is great and it also took a great deal of preparation, time, effort, sweat and $. I applaud them for I do not possess such courage, I back off under no or little pressure..

    Woa.. now I am a star liao.. Notorious liao.. so sad..no face to see people..
    Ohhh!! *pat pat* Poor Innovas!

    Maybe it's time u explain wat u mean by sayin "sometimes i think i look better and more photogenic than the so-called professional models.. " and "I have a lot of people telling me this. Not that I want to say so, all of the personal makeover and graduation studios I went (3 in all), the make-up artists, the bosses and the photographers all said so. And one of the studios is very well-known in Singapore, I do not hear them saying the same thing to other customers while I was in their shops. Not that I want to boast, even my friends and relatives said so too. Anyway, I was just sharing my own opinion.


    Well.. just look at the photos of the supposedly pro-models posted in some of the forums. Need I say more?

    Anyone can reach his/her own conclusion."

    Explain it clearly, say wat u mean, and mean wat u say so noone will the chance to push u into the yellow river again

    And don't start tokin bout urself then turn ard to ask y everyone's tokin bout u all of a sudden.. Noone will see u if u arent standin in the light..

    As it is nw, u r sittin right in the middle of the spotlight honey.


  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    sure.. No wonder I kept sneezing.. Haiz.. Yeah, I am Finally a star.

    "sometimes i think i look better and more photogenic than the so-called professional models.. "
    I don't understand why a post 3 weeks ago will incite so much argument?? Why do people choose to dig out my post again? Its a matter of personal opinion..

    It makes me wonder if u r with XXXXXXXX and her gang?
    Dearie, are u aware u are grossly goin out of topic here? With the main topic revolvin ard u again?

    Dun get tis wrong, there is no argument here.. Only askin u to explain wat u mean, so tht ppl dun get u wrong (after all, ure the one cryin tht ppl r pushin u into the yellow river here).. Or did u mean to mislead with ur previous posts? Hmmmm

    And before u mislead ppl into more misunderstandins with ur careless choice of words again (unless again, u mean to mislead), who is "XXXXXXXX and her gang"?

    Remember, say wat u mean and mean wat u say.. If u dun dare to spell the name out, dun write it out on a public forum in the first place, or u'd b incitin the masses to burn ur cute ass..

    Besides, I think ure readin my good intentions wrongly.. I feel sorry tht u always seem to b the target of rebuttal frm ppl here.. Perhaps u shld examine the way u project urself online.. Unless tis image ppl hv of u is ur intended aim, otherwise, dun cry wolf.

    Do feel free to pm me if u hv any comments about wat Ive said, cos if u continue like O.Ting like tis, ure jst gonna make a further nuisance of urself..

    Lastly, my dearie, wat do u mean Im "with XXXXXXXX and her gang"? Allo? Im my own gang leader.. Ppl follow me.. Not the other way rd.. Get tis rite babe.. (p/s: I hang at home one.. Where u hang?)

    LOL!

  15. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    I wonder if all kinds of models refer to me.. .
    \

    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    ya right..

    sometimes i think i look better and more photogenic than the so-called professional models..
    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    I have a lot of people telling me this. Not that I want to say so, all of the personal makeover and graduation studios I went (3 in all), the make-up artists, the bosses and the photographers all said so. And one of the studios is very well-known in Singapore, I do not hear them saying the same thing to other customers while I was in their shops. Not that I want to boast, even my friends and relatives said so too. Anyway, I was just sharing my own opinion.


    Well.. just look at the photos of the supposedly pro-models posted in some of the forums. Need I say more?

    Anyone can reach his/her own conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    well.. i didnt mean i can beat all. I'm only confident of beating just a few tom, d**k and harry pro-models only . No need to ot on this thread on my before and after looks.
    I can see that in the first place you have already OT for yourself. You are indirectly leading people to OT. You sound very contradicting also. One moment you are so confident by saying you look better and more photogenic than the so-called professtional models, one moment you are saying you are confident of beating just a few tom d**k and harry pro-models only. Since you are not boasting, why didn’t I see you in any of the models adv? Your friends and relatives and all those make-up artists, bosses and photographers should help/encourage you to sign. Such a waste isnt it? You are so confident earlier, but when someone ask you to post your Before makeover, you replied saying no need to OT? Don’t understand at all. Show us how your Before Makeover and let everyone see for themselves? Rather than describing and saying whoever say whatever….pics will say it all.

    Btw, mind sharing us your Vital Stats? As far as I know, being a model, is not only talking about Good Looks…height/figure for example is also important, if one can bring the best of herself out..and the special charisma in herself are what I call the plus points.

    Anyway I am just sharing my own opinion too. (sorry for OT here)

  16. #56

    Default

    noted all replies.

  17. #57

    Default

    eh??? why suddenly some posts are gone?

    who has been deleting their posts?!


    (can't take the fire.. then dun participate in forums...)

  18. #58

    Default

    oooooh k...
    i know im getting old... but is there anything wrg with my eyes?
    how come from page 4.. it jumps back to page 3, then 4 and 3 again?


    innovas deleting her controversial posts AGAIN?
    Lorbert.Tay@Fiat.SG

  19. #59

    Default

    Yup she's at it again..

    Well.. My cue to stop tis O.T.. Apologies to eyes.

    Now I wait to see if Innovas will pm me..

  20. #60

    Default

    back to topic...

    i heard during lunch from one of my big bosses that they do actually pay very well for those freelance photogs. up to a few hundred per hour...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •