Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ultra Wide Zoom Experience

Default Re: Ultra Wide Zoom Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sircam View Post
    Personal tastes differ greatly here... but I do actually like some ever-so-slight vignetting! In fact, once in a while, I sometimes use one of my many hoods to achieve the effect optically when necessary. At other times, I resort to applying this digitally.

Recently I was at the beach photographing a beautiful sunset. I took several bracketed shots of the same scene. I then used an appropriate hood to achieve the slight gentle vignetting at the corners and repeated the bracketed shots. Guess what! One of the shots that made it to a framed print was one of the vignetted shots! Looks absolutely stunning. The non-vignetted similar exposed version looks great too... but the ever-so-slight vignetted effect just adds more oomph to the final image!
    Care to share the picture taken here? I usually apply vignetting during pp.

At Lower Pierce, both at 10mm, 1/400; F4. The outer edge is soft, but still I don't see vignetting. Again, I may not shoot the right type of pictures to show it yet.

Anyway, I am not going to concern myself with it; just enjoy the lens.

I like the ability for it to go so close up like in this photo, and clear, yet shows the background.
    __________________________________________________ _
    http://living-a-good-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by reyreina View Post
    Care to share the picture taken here? I usually apply vignetting during pp.
    Here you are. Similar effect can easily be applied in PP also... just that since I am able to do it optically and see the effect immediately AND my PP skills aren't all that great... I prefer doing this optically most of the time... very very easy to do... just need an appropriate hood mounted on an appropriate lens at an appropriate focal length! No brainer!!

However, if overdone, looks crappy... so be warned! Less is always safer than more in such cases!

Last edited by sircam; 7th March 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234