Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: How to find model for shooting???

  1. #21

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    no offends, you can forget about offering TFCD for the time being.

    just go out and find anyone willing to let you practice your skills, till you able to deliver something decent, than consider offering TFCD.
    yes, if model give you time and posing,

    then you give them bad shots, this is not a fair exchange.

    ts - why must shoot model right away?

    are you saying that your mother , your sister, your male friends even, are not humans?

    portraits , the logic is the same. the only difference might be poses, etc.. even family members can be used as subjects to learn.

    if you are merely using this to socialise, then join the mass photoshoots, that might be more of your flavour, pay money to get people to smile at you.

    if not, start from basics, don't pay money first..

  2. #22

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    If you're a newbie, then all the more you need pro-models, because they're "supposed" to be able to pose for you with initiative (and limited directing), and you can focus on framing and composition (and figuring out the correct camera settings)

    If you engage newbie models, you should at least have the skills to pose or guide them along. else you'll be staring at each other and not knowing what to do (or shoot).
    Ya hor... Ty so much for tt.. Ty ^^

  3. #23

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by soulopera View Post
    I actually didn't consider for TFCD...I'm looking for paid model... bt they r too pro, I'm juz afraid they dun wan to work w me tho I pay ^^
    nope, i bet you if you pay them $1 million per hour, you can take ugliest shots of them, most of them will be more than happy.

    i mean, even if you post it up and people say EEYER, SO UGLY, they can wave the $2 million you paid them and laugh their way to the bank.

  4. #24
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,940
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    ur gf shy so u asked where 2 find modls ..... directions have been given....

    you dont mind paying for model..... now u say they too pro...

    stop stringing along the brothers who are offering help...... its not nice bro.

    If you too shy to go 1 on 1 with a model, just join one of the many advertised paid Photoshoots where 5-10 of you get to shoot ..... start at the beach or Botanical Gardens....... and choose an easy shoot...... $20-40 per pax

    At least the shoot organizer is there to give some advise
    Last edited by ed9119; 1st March 2010 at 10:51 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  5. #25

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    ur gf shy so u asked where 2 find modls ..... directions have been given....

    you dont mind paying for model..... now u say they too pro...

    stop stringing along the brothers who are offering help...... its not nice bro.

    If you too shy to go 1 on 1 with a model, just join one of the many advertised paid Photoshoots where 5-10 of you get to shoot ..... start at the beach or Botanical Gardens....... and choose an easy shoot...... $20-40 per pax
    maybe he hopes that some of the xmm here will help him out of the goodness of their heart.

    xmm? who want to help this guy?? you will have warm fuzzy feeling in your heart.

  6. #26

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    ur gf shy so u asked where 2 find modls ..... directions have been given....

    you dont mind paying for model..... now u say they too pro...

    stop stringing along the brothers who are offering help...... its not nice bro.

    If you too shy to go 1 on 1 with a model, just join one of the many advertised paid Photoshoots where 5-10 of you get to shoot ..... start at the beach or Botanical Gardens....... and choose an easy shoot...... $20-40 per pax

    At least the shoot organizer is there to give some advise
    Well first of all I'm single, 2nd, I'm nt stringing along w all the pro o bro here...ya u r right... perhaps I shld join them.....Ty
    ^^

  7. #27
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    when you say the model so pro, all I can think is your find that their rate are too high, just hope I'm wrong.

    anyway, NM and LimSGP is correct, most models don't care who you are, as long you pay money, and don't do anything hanky panky. but if you go for low price models, all I can tell you is most probably you will vomit blood, cos you need someone to guild you along, they lei lei qu qu only have few poses and same expression, so who is learning from who now?

    you will better off to join some paid photoshoot first.
    Last edited by catchlights; 1st March 2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #28

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    when you say the model so pro, all I can think is your find that their rate are too high, just hope I'm wrong.

    anyway, NM and LimSGP is correct, most models don't care who you are, as long you pay money, and don't do anything hanky panky. but if you go for low price models, all I can tell you is most probably you will vomit blood, cos you need someone to guild you along, they lei lei qu qu only have few poses and same expression, so who is learning from who now?

    you will better off to join some paid photoshoot first.
    No, is nt bcz of the rate....yup u r right, I shld join them to gain more experience....Ty ^^

  9. #29

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    so long as u got notes.
    they will pose
    not to impress but shoot to express

  10. #30
    Senior Member peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    5,072

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Try shooting guy model, any guy friend will be your model and from there you learn. for a start
    Love insects Macro Photography本杰明 More Pctures at my Blog at bennieHsu

  11. #31

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by izerkudie View Post
    so long as u got notes.
    they will pose
    Haha.... I think s better join those paid photoshoot.. hope they dun mind newbie ^^

  12. #32

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    Try shooting guy model, any guy friend will be your model and from there you learn. for a start
    Ty... will try... ^^

  13. #33
    Senior Member peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    5,072

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by soulopera View Post
    Ty... will try... ^^
    Read some information on model posing matter. fashion maz,
    some idea

    Video Missing
    Love insects Macro Photography本杰明 More Pctures at my Blog at bennieHsu

  14. #34

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Why limit yourself to female models? The other half of the world is male. Even some ah peks can be good models. You can see the life experience and strength of character in their faces.

  15. #35

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    it's best to start off shooting your friends.
    i won't recommend you to join CS photoshoots straightaway, as most of them are either 5:1 or 6:1 ratio. and if you are new, not used to interact with the model or trying to pose them to what you want.
    You might end up being alone there trying to keep up with the pace the others are shooting, and end up not getting much usable images.
    That aside, there are exceptions, where photographers learn from each other during such photoshoots as well.

  16. #36

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperess View Post
    Why limit yourself to female models? The other half of the world is male. Even some ah peks can be good models. You can see the life experience and strength of character in their faces.

    OooO noted.... Ty bro...

  17. #37

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    it's best to start off shooting your friends.
    i won't recommend you to join CS photoshoots straightaway, as most of them are either 5:1 or 6:1 ratio. and if you are new, not used to interact with the model or trying to pose them to what you want.
    You might end up being alone there trying to keep up with the pace the others are shooting, and end up not getting much usable images.
    That aside, there are exceptions, where photographers learn from each other during such photoshoots as well.

    Bt I believe tt more or less I wil gain sth out of it de ^^ Ty for the response

  18. #38

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    im im a model willing to work with you
    i work for 1 year nt really pro


    surfbabe__83@hotmail.com
    =)

  19. #39

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    great... turn out model is giving TS an offer now
    Canon 5D Mark II | BG-E6 | 24-105L | 70-200 F2.8L IS II | 580 EX II

  20. #40
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: How to find model for shooting???

    Quote Originally Posted by spooN View Post
    great... turn out model is giving TS an offer now
    she nv state the rates mah xD maybe high high ones xD
    Moments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •