Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: My best friends is???

  1. #1

    Default My best friends is???

    So who will be my best friends that able to help me the most
    google, friends and members in CS???

  2. #2

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Your best friend is yourself.

  3. #3

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    Your best friend is yourself.
    Ya... been reading so many threads...

    But so many newbies dont know abt this...
    And keep asking the same Q over and over again...

    Does they know there is a search function or google...

  4. #4
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    Ya... been reading so many threads...

    But so many newbies dont know abt this...
    And keep asking the same Q over and over again
    ...

    Does they know there is a search function or google...

    Don't understand why you guys/gals are so fedup about this.....

    Happy, in good mood - Answer their Question.

    Unhappy, in bad mood - Ignore their Question.

    Why do anyone feel the need to keep reading every single post/thread just to post - "Google is your best friend" or "There is a search Function"... etc.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  5. #5
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Don't understand why you guys/gals are so fedup about this.....

    Happy, in good mood - Answer their Question.

    Unhappy, in bad mood - Ignore their Question.

    Why do anyone feel the need to keep reading every single post/thread just to post - "Google is your best friend" or "There is a search Function"... etc.
    agree (: ~
    Moments

  6. #6

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Don't understand why you guys/gals are so fedup about this.....

    Happy, in good mood - Answer their Question.

    Unhappy, in bad mood - Ignore their Question.

    Why do anyone feel the need to keep reading every single post/thread just to post - "Google is your best friend" or "There is a search Function"... etc.
    Haa, so darn right. These type of replies from them are worst and much more irritating than those newbies' questions.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

  7. #7
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    Does they know there is a search function or google...
    Common rebuttal...

    • The forum search function sucks
    • I must wait 20 seconds between searches
    • The forum search engine does not index keywords with less than 3 characters

    • I use Bing
    • I use Baidu
    • I use Yahoo
    • I use AltaVista

    • I am anti-google
    • I am born to be spoon fed, now STFU.
    • I have no idea what a search engine is
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 28th February 2010 at 12:05 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  8. #8

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Common rebuttal...

    • The forum search function sucks
    • I must wait 20 seconds between searches
    • The forum search engine does not index keywords with less than 3 characters

    • I use Bing
    • I use Baidu
    • I use Yahoo
    • I use AltaVista

    • I am anti-google
    • I am born to be spoon fed, now STFU.
    • I have no idea what a search engine is
    u forgot one more: googling gave me 20000000 answers i don understand or need when i oni want one short sweet and concise answer so we can tcss and be friends.
    おれのflickrださ

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Why do anyone feel the need to keep reading every single post/thread just to post - "Google is your best friend" or "There is a search Function"... etc.
    Spot on, maybe to accumulate post count?

  10. #10

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post

    Why do anyone feel the need to keep reading every single post/thread just to post - "Google is your best friend" or "There is a search Function"... etc.
    simple, because when you do that, sometimes you make people realise that they're sitting on their ass and not doing what they should be doing.

    the internet is a wealth of information, not just for photography but also for life. i don't seek to feel superior to the people i ask to make google their best friend, i merely seek to highlight that their question could have been easily answered in one second, instead of waiting on a forum for some random uncle or aunty or goat to answer their question. it is a much more efficient use of time, and they will learn things faster.

  11. #11

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    "Men have to do some awfully mean things to keep up their respectability." - George Bernard Shaw
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  12. #12

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    u forgot one more: googling gave me 20000000 answers i don understand or need when i oni want one short sweet and concise answer so we can tcss and be friends.
    maybe omg today a xmm will drop from heaven and answer my question and she will let me tfcd her while she answers it and oh wow my life will be improved!!!!!!!!

    no more lonely nights in front of the computer screen with a box of tissues

  13. #13

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Common rebuttal...
    • I am anti-google
    • I am born to be spoon fed, now STFU.
    • I have no idea what a search engine is
    the best is,

    "i googled already, and i found no answer"

    then i type in the exact question they asked into google, the first thing that pops out answers their question......

  14. #14

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    Haa, so darn right. These type of replies from them are worst and much more irritating than those newbies' questions.
    with every google recommendation, there is this person with this monk avatar that i see now and then ngiaoing the google recommending people.

    i think that type of reply also very irritating, never help the newbie, never help anyone.

  15. #15

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    i take this chance to make public service announcement:






  16. #16
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    maybe omg today a xmm will drop from heaven and answer my question and she will let me tfcd her while she answers it and oh wow my life will be improved!!!!!!!!

    no more lonely nights in front of the computer screen with a box of tissues

    Alright.... more information then we need right now....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  17. #17
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    simple, because when you do that, sometimes you make people realise that they're sitting on their ass and not doing what they should be doing.

    the internet is a wealth of information, not just for photography but also for life. i don't seek to feel superior to the people i ask to make google their best friend, i merely seek to highlight that their question could have been easily answered in one second, instead of waiting on a forum for some random uncle or aunty or goat to answer their question. it is a much more efficient use of time, and they will learn things faster.

    Ok..... I somewhat agree that we do need to teach newbie to 'help' themselves... but then how about ClubSNAP-er starting new thread 'Complaining/whinning' about such things...

    Maybe some of us should also tell them "use the search function" and see how many old thread already written about this problem already...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  18. #18

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Ok..... I somewhat agree that we do need to teach newbie to 'help' themselves... but then how about ClubSNAP-er starting new thread 'Complaining/whinning' about such things...

    Maybe some of us should also tell them "use the search function" and see how many old thread already written about this problem already...
    lol........ well, somedays i think it is in some sense a zero sum game, most of the times i've stopped writing anything like that.

    i mean, if they didn't bother to do it in the first place, there is little hope that they would do it just because someone said so. add that to the various experience where there is so much hostility to the point that they would post that "their feelings are hurt" because i said that google was their best friend...........

    nah, it's just the wrong mentality from the start.

  19. #19

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    I felt the most posted Questions will be DSLR which brand to buy...

    like
    'N' over 'C'
    'P' over N'
    'S over 'N'

    or whatever and so on....

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: My best friends is???

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    So who will be my best friends that able to help me the most
    google, friends and members in CS???
    According to Google, this one came up tops:

    http://diamond-back.com/mybestfriend.shtml

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •