Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My friend's face appeared in an AIA adcert but he didn't allow or know about it. how?

Default Re: My friend's face appeared in an AIA adcert but he didn't allow or know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the "lawyer" hath left the building.
    maybe we got queen's council here we also don't know...
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Default Re: My friend's face appeared in an AIA adcert but he didn't allow or know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    maybe we got queen's council here we also don't know...
    tomorrow i go and read one book titled LAW REVIEW in library, and i will become expert on the subject.

please wait with bated breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    if this picture was shot in a public place, the copyright goes to the photographer or the company the photographer works for, sadly.
    This has nothing to do with copyright, and whether you take the image on a public or private place has no bearing in who owns the copyright of an image by default anyway.

tomorrow i go and read one book titled LAW REVIEW in library, and i will become expert on the subject.

please wait with bated breath.
    how you do that in such a short time?

burn the book into ashes, mixed with holy water and drink it??

By reading the Bible...

... Currently reading this, will be a professional in a day or so.

Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 28th February 2010 at 12:50 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    By reading the Bible...

... Currently reading this, will be a professional in a day or so.

hahahahhahah
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

if you do a search, maybe got phone number somewhere for free legal advice.

can use that service, very good one. just that also not lawyer.
    Actually some MPs IIRC, provides free legal consultation just for their constituents.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

You can call me, but no guarantees! If you choose to have Sion as your defender, the lawyers may be lost for words.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    This has nothing to do with copyright, and whether you take the image on a public or private place has no bearing in who owns the copyright of an image by default anyway.
    well, if you shoot a picture in a public place, the police cannot stop you because you've broken no law.

and by default, the photographer who shot the picture, owns the copyright to the image, unless he is hired - then the person who paid the photographer owns usage rights to the image. unless specifically stated in a contract, the photographer would still hold rights to the images he created.

this of course doesn't stand if the image is used with defamatory intentions, and if such, the subject can sue the photographer for defamation.

please correct me if i'm wrong.

Just a hypothetical example :

What I took a photo of LKY in a public or even in a private function and used it in an adverstisement? I am not the official photographer. Do I need to obtain his permission proir using the ad? Because of his status such as a politician, etc, does it make any difference compared to a commoner as the TS's friend?

well, if you shoot a picture in a public place, the police cannot stop you because you've broken no law.
    Generally correct but there are situations where you might have broken the law.

The rest of your post is roughly there but roughly not, I'd suggest you do a bit more reading up to understand the specific definitions of copyright, usage rights, and the other rights associated under copyright.

The only point I was trying to make was in relation to your original statement,

if this picture was shot in a public place, the copyright goes to the photographer or the company the photographer works for, sadly.
    There is no link between copyright, and where the image was taken whether private or public.

no need la, just fry the book with mushrooms and kaya and eat. yum yum yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    KAN!

Nothing beats Kopitiam kee-kee-kok-kok!
    kopitiam tok tok song song only lar, want serious advice must pay money wan.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Actually some MPs IIRC, provides free legal consultation just for their constituents.
    that one only help people with problems between family members and neighbor, other than these issue will ask you go and see lawyers in their office....

no need la, just fry the book with mushrooms and kaya and eat. yum yum yum!
    high fiber diet,

Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post

What I took a photo of LKY in a public or even in a private function and used it in an adverstisement? I am not the official photographer. Do I need to obtain his permission proir using the ad? Because of his status such as a politician, etc, does it make any difference compared to a commoner as the TS's friend?
    so...technically, we can right? since model release is not relevant in singapore.
    おれのflickrださ

This is an advertisment, can it be taken as suggesting that the person in the photo endorses the company even if he's not? I guess it all depends on the context of the advert?
    Last edited by Prismatic; 28th February 2010 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post

that is the difference between an elite and a peasant... we have 2 different interpretation of law here...

the diff here is, when LKY or an elite sue, they will win...
    while if the peasant sue, the peasant will lose...
    if the TS friend is just a peasant... i will say, go suck thumb as he can do nothing about it.

hm, AIA is such a big company, if they dare to use ur fren photo, they should be prepare to know theres no error and by right in sg, they are authorized to use it imo. before doing such ads, they will actually seek advice from their contracts lawyers
    not to impress but shoot to express

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Sometimes there is the marketing arm that decides for them. the directors sitting in the office would assumed all is well.

it could be an honest mistake.
    For all you know, that event might have been an AIA sponsored one and whatever rights/consents might have already been given to the organizers in the entry form for participants.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast