Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My friend's face appeared in an AIA adcert but he didn't allow or know about it. how?

Default My friend's face appeared in an AIA adcert but he didn't allow or know about it. how?

Anyway can he get compensation, or smth? This was a public event held at clark quay.

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by germ_boi; 27th February 2010 at 09:17 PM.

Default Re: My friend's face appeared in an AIA adcert but he didn't allow or know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post

Anyway he can get compensation, or smth? This was a public event held at clark quay.

Can anyone help?
    Wow, full page colour advertisement. I wonder how much did AIA paid the advertising agency, marketing company and mediacorp? S$125,000, S$250,000, S$500,000, S$1,000,000?

How much did your friend get?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Default Re: My friend's face appeared in an AIA adcert but he didn't allow or know about it.

The problem is, none.

Can claim compensation?

sue them... sue them!!!

ask for free life time insurance !! for the entire family !!

AFAIK, local don't have laws on privacy, but please don't take my words, as I'm not trained in this area, the best person to seek advice from is a lawyer.. so your friend should talk to a lawyer if he want something to be done.

anyway, some of the guys here always said photographers have the rights to take photos of any tom dick harry on the street and post their photos in anywhere the like right? now this is how things happen now.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

i asked a lawyer before... its is legal for AIA to use it. there is no personality rights laws in singapore yet..

few years ago andy lau tried to sue hang seng bank for using his pictures (taken like on a street, candid) on their cards, but lost the case...

if this picture was shot in a public place, the copyright goes to the photographer or the company the photographer works for, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    if this picture was shot in a public place, the copyright goes to the photographer or the company the photographer works for, sadly.
    public place or not, it doesn't really matter here, but you are correct about the ownership about the photos. To TS: the ownership this photo does not belong to your friend, since he didn't commission anybody to take his photo for him. and thou he didn't sign a model release, but model release is useless in SG.

so, if i use a tele 400mm x2.0 attached to shoot a bikini girl and use it as part of my company logo or advert design, it is perfectly legal?

nice one la

so, if i use a tele 400mm x2.0 attached to shoot a bikini girl and use it as part of my company logo or advert design, it is perfectly legal?

nice one la
    hello, your neighbor can call police if he see you walking nakedly in your house thru your opened window. so what do you think what kind of privacy law we have?

if you use any picture/graphic/words for your company, name, logo or advertisement, the authority (ACRA, Singapore CENSORSHIP board) think it is inappropriate, can ask you to remove or take down for you.

oh, so the most my friend can do here, is to ask AIA never to use his photographs, or photos from our event (Rockmaster) ever again?

Or perhaps we can approach them for sponsorship this year? Weird, it was a 2 year old photo!

oh, so the most my friend can do here, is to ask AIA never to use his photographs, or photos from our event (Rockmaster) ever again?

Or perhaps we can approach them for sponsorship this year? Weird, it was a 2 year old photo!
    very simple, hired official photographers, disallow public taking photos during forthcoming event.

only release photos for press release, ask them to sign a agreement for press release only.

if any sponsors ask for photos for any useage beside records or newsletter, then negotiate a price lor

Quote Originally Posted by yamcake View Post
    i asked a lawyer before... its is legal for AIA to use it. there is no personality rights laws in singapore yet..

few years ago andy lau tried to sue hang seng bank for using his pictures (taken like on a street, candid) on their cards, but lost the case...

That means we can take almost anyone's photo in a public place, and use it for commercial purposes without paying a cent?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Honestly?

I can say, he can say, she can say, they can say, but what is said may not have any bearing.

We are not lawyers. Best is to consult one.
    er, kopitiam talk talk for shiok shiok can not har?

the "lawyer" hath left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if you do a search, maybe got phone number somewhere for free legal advice.

can use that service, very good one. just that also not lawyer.

your friend got nice body

he bake his head in oven???

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post

That means we can take almost anyone's photo in a public place, and use it for commercial purposes without paying a cent?
    yes technically you can...

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    KAN!

Nothing beats Kopitiam kee-kee-kok-kok!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast