Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

  1. #1

    Default Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    Anyone up for it?

    Had seen a lot of fantastics shots eg

    http://www.traveljournals.net/pictures/238861.html

    leaving spore mid to end apr, about 20 to 30 days.

    reply me soon man, babes and dudes!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    what is the max no of ppl and cost? detail pls drop me email at hmlee_88@yahoo.com

  3. #3

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    how about visa requirement, especially for Syria which they do not have embassy or consular here in SG ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    estimated cost: Syria (3 days) , Jordan (4 days) - per day USD150

    Visa to Syria, i intend to apply from Turkey.

    Ms Sunshine and Mr Tomzcafe, kindly PM me your hp and we will discuss more on the phone.
    look forward to receive your PM soon
    Cherrios!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,197

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    must be April? cos if May or June, I can join.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    Just a quick note. I reckon that it would be most uncomfortable to come in late April and June especially cause the summer months bring in almost intoletable temperatures. (I am stationed in Dubai by the way so am beginning to notice the climate changes already).

    Just my opinion.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,197

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    Quote Originally Posted by sinny View Post
    Just a quick note. I reckon that it would be most uncomfortable to come in late April and June especially cause the summer months bring in almost intoletable temperatures. (I am stationed in Dubai by the way so am beginning to notice the climate changes already).

    Just my opinion.
    You will get less tourist around places of interests. I think April to May is still bearable. Just don't hit June - Oct. Seriously, with Singapore hitting 35 and relative humidity 80%, these places will be more comfy.

    On the Visa, I think Singapore passport can stay in each of the countries for 7 or 14 days each. Need to confirm.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 11th March 2010 at 06:40 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    turkey - you will need at least 10 days. and that is only enough to cover the east or west side.

    jordan and syria sounds interesting. if time is limited, i would suggest to choose either one and my preference will be jordan over syria.

    most people will do syria and lebanon together cos there's too much to do in jordan and not as much in syria.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    must be April? cos if May or June, I can join.
    Dude, kindly pm me to discuss as i intend to head there as for date lets talk as i get your pm. Shall wait for ur reply
    Last edited by rt7snap; 11th March 2010 at 08:44 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,197

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    turkey - you will need at least 10 days. and that is only enough to cover the east or west side.

    jordan and syria sounds interesting. if time is limited, i would suggest to choose either one and my preference will be jordan over syria.

    most people will do syria and lebanon together cos there's too much to do in jordan and not as much in syria.
    I can probably spare only 14-16 days as i cannot get away for too long. So I don't think I can cover all 4 countries. I will need to depart earlier from the group. I know lonely planet has a 21 day itinery. But they did not include Luxor, Nile River and only did a bit in Turkey. I think can also skip Syria but it lies between Jordan and Turkey. Anyway, let's see who is interested first....

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,197

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    trip is confirmed. We have space for another 2 travellers.

    Where: Egypt -> Jordan -> Syria -> Lebanon (most likely cross into Istanbul or fly back to Cairo or fly from Allepo to Dubai for departure, one way trip)
    When: May 2 - 20 (19 days)

    We are still trying to work out the details of the itinery. If you are 80% interested and can make it during these dates, please PM me so that we can discuss further. We don't have all the answers now but are working on it. This is a backpackers photographic trip so will be budget, travel light and with some amount of hardship. We will not be going near Israel/Palastine/Gaza. We also don't mind if you can only join portion of the trip.

    Please check out Lonely Planets if you need more information on these countries. I am not a travel agent and will only respond to people who are geniunely trying to make it for this trip.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 17th March 2010 at 03:14 PM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    trip is confirmed. We have space for another 2 travellers.

    Where: Egypt -> Jordan -> Syria -> Lebanon (most likely cross into Istanbul or fly back to Cairo or fly from Allepo to Dubai for departure, one way trip)
    When: May 2 - 20 (19 days)

    We are still trying to work out the details of the itinery. If you are 80% interested and can make it during these dates, please PM me so that we can discuss further. We don't have all the answers now but are working on it. This is a backpackers photographic trip so will be budget, travel light and with some amount of hardship. We will not be going near Israel/Palastine/Gaza. We also don't mind if you can only join portion of the trip.

    Please check out Lonely Planets if you need more information on these countries. I am not a travel agent and will only respond to people who are geniunely trying to make it for this trip.
    nice. i am thinking of heading down to syria next weekend. did you manage to check visa requirements?

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,197

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    nice. i am thinking of heading down to syria next weekend. did you manage to check visa requirements?
    You should be able to have your visa done via the Syrian Embassy in Dubai. For Singapore, it's either the Syrian embassy in Indo or M'sia which is not practical. I am trying to check if can do the visa upon arrival or via which checkpoint.

    There is also a problem with Lebanon visa. You would need a letter of invite from a friend within Lebanon, hotel reservations and return flight tickets.

    Not an easy trip to plan. Those interested do get in touch early.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    You should be able to have your visa done via the Syrian Embassy in Dubai. For Singapore, it's either the Syrian embassy in Indo or M'sia which is not practical. I am trying to check if can do the visa upon arrival or via which checkpoint.

    There is also a problem with Lebanon visa. You would need a letter of invite from a friend within Lebanon, hotel reservations and return flight tickets.

    Not an easy trip to plan. Those interested do get in touch early.
    i cant get it from syrian embassy in dubai because i am not a resident here. hence need to get it from country of residence i.e. from singapore. which means i basically cant go from here.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,197

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    Still unable to find any concrete info on Syria visa. Take a look at this site
    http://www.jordanjubilee.com/travelme/tosyria.htm

    extract "Never forget that an immigration official doesn't need to have proof of anything - in theory he can refuse you admission if he doesn't like the colour of your shirt!"

  16. #16

    Default Re: Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Cairo

    now that your europe trip is a goner? wanna do egypt, jordan and syria? trip confirmed. PM for mode info.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •