Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For bike racers, how fast have you cycled?

i manage to maintain about 45kmh for about 2 minutes, but i didn't get anywhere... i was mucking around on stationary bike at the gym.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

55km/h

on the road from nus to fong seng.... on my mtn bike with road wheels..

sometimes from tanjong pagar to nus, i am able to catch those big trailers moving out...you can draft it the whole way for 50km/h...

100km/h +++ ? freefall with the bike isit....

uhh... for those who did the amazing 100km/h on ya bikes, just how many magnets did ya attached to ya speedometers?

do pardon me, wot was the gearin and cadence ya guys put on the cranks at that kind of insane speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefen
    on the road from nus to fong seng.... on my mtn bike with road wheels..
    There was this once i got so paisei coz i got outrun by a mtb while on my roadie. Only after the trip did i find out that that guy was using a klein mtb frame, road wheels, full dura-ace group set and an aerobar!!! Wah lao, that was how he hit 55+km/h with his mtb frame on a flat road. That kind of setup is just to taunt roadies like me.

road bikes can easily hit 50+km/h but mountain bike is very rare. the guy who boast 100+km/h is bullsh*t. even motorbiker had to wear a helmet that covers the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Poon
    There was this once i got so paisei coz i got outrun by a mtb while on my roadie. Only after the trip did i find out that that guy was using a klein mtb frame, road wheels, full dura-ace group set and an aerobar!!! Wah lao, that was how he hit 55+km/h with his mtb frame on a flat road. That kind of setup is just to taunt roadies like me.
    thats my intended setup: mtn bike frame, suspension, zipp wheels, aerobar. both for speedign and terrain

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    thats my intended setup: mtn bike frame, suspension, zipp wheels, aerobar. both for speedign and terrain
    yeah. was saving up for that too. but ended up spending the money on my camera.

1.camera
    2.lens
    3.bike
    4.laptop
    5.desktop
    6.music n movies
    7.insurance
    8.car
    9.family
    10.holiday

aaa..where is the money??

^_^