Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For bike racers, how fast have you cycled?

64km/h on my roadbike. Sigh, don't think i'll ever beat that record again coz i switching back to mtb liaoz. Getting too old for a roadbike.

And on a totally seperate incident, after seeing a big dent in my helmet on a particularly bad crash, i always wear a helmet on my roadbike.

For me around 90km/ h on a mountain bike ....

edited to add :: that was down a very long and steep fire road in the Blue Mountains (NSW Australia)

That was fun but the stack at the bottom wasn't, had to get cut out of some bushes. As I got to the end there was someone fixing a flat tyre in the centre of the track. The bike came off better than me, the only damage was a broken brake lever. I ended up with broken ribs, fractured wrist, 2 broken fingers and alot of bruising and little cuts. To make matters worse it was about a 10km trip to were we had to get the bus to head home.
    Last edited by james m; 17th March 2004 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chatswood
    135 km/h on my downhill bike. It was like a breeze!!!
    onroad rite?

Call me a sceptic... but really....some of your speeds are simply unbelievable. 100+ km/h ? on a downhill bike? which mountain? certainly not in singapore.

step into any bike shop in singapore and tell them you went 100+ km/h .... then tell me what their reaction is. better still ... go to cycleworx...most of singapore's national cyclist go there.......see what they think of your top speed...

just how can anyone trust a speedo when running over rocky terrain? when i ride on the road on my roadbike....my speedo jumps to 90 or more sometimes..when i go over uneven terrain...then drops back to 40.......i hope you ppl get what i mean...... just because your speedo shows 135km/h doesn't mean that you are actually going at that speed. the possibility of the magnet vibrating over the sensor is just to high to actually give correct if not accurate readings.

that said...if you ppl still believe you can go that fast....please ... i wanna see! record it too...and maybe sell it to Guiness World of Records..

JMHO
    Paul

Hmmm fyi:
    based on info from the net:
    guinness book record for fastest bicycle speed is 252kmh, make an advantage of slip stream.
    And fastest average speed is 50.5kmh for world cycling race.
    Hmm for me, a starter, to speed up to 100kmh is a bit out of my imagination.
    But seeing the fact of the world fastest speed, it is also not impossible.

for me...
    45km/h on my MTB on a down slope, so i must have been the slowest here....

Quote Originally Posted by swift-monkey
    Hmmm fyi:
    guinness book record for fastest bicycle speed is 252kmh, make an advantage of slip stream.
    yeah, but did you read what kind of bike they are using. and what they did to achieve those speeds? convince me lah.

Quote Originally Posted by swift-monkey
    Hmmm fyi:
    50.5 for fastest average speed??Mebbe ur talking about xc races coz in dh racing it regularly goes over 60-70.And i'm not talking about local tracks.

BTW yusof of cycleworx will vouch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbiker
    BTW yusof of cycleworx will vouch for me.
    50.5 for races like tour de france .. i believe... certainly not XC races.

80+ doing downhill racing overseas...perhaps still can believe..if you say yusoff can stand by your record...

but those who say they go 100+ .... please lah.....gimme a break.

yoz..someday we can all go chiong bike 2gether...roadie or MTNbike or tri or stuntbike or whatever all can.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyZzzzzz
    Haha. actually i also don't believe. But people like to howlian, let them lah. no need to bust their bubble. You know i know can already liaoz.

wah liddat.. that time hor.. i use my 20kg downhew bike chiong with aeroplane leh.. i win sommore.. hah!

Fastest speed.. let see.. oh I think fastest I ever go was abt 15Km/h... well at least that what the meter in the car says....

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    Fastest speed.. let see.. oh I think fastest I ever go was abt 15Km/h... well at least that what the meter in the car says....
    The fastest me and my bike ever went was over 300km/h ....... courtesy of a 747.

Can someone post the link to the 252km/h record? Really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100
    Can someone post the link to the 252km/h record? Really curious.
    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/index.asp?id=43641

as i mention earlier, it is making advantage of slip stream, following a lead car.

Quote Originally Posted by auron
    for me...
    45km/h on my MTB on a down slope, so i must have been the slowest here....
    No leh, at abt 43km/hr on my MTB I'm already quite scared...don't want to tumble and get scarred again. On flat roads the fastest was 40km/hr...leg power!! Those were the days....

Quote Originally Posted by WhyZzzzzz
    yeap i'm also rather curious on how they got that fast.

it is easy to hit 100+ km/h... just program you bike computer with the biggest possible wheel size and ride with small wheels and read the screen...it aint accurate, but then, who cares?

road bikes can hit a real 80+ downhill in the mountains on the tour de france, but amateurs riding along east coast park?

read this article: world record is/was 117 km/h (at the time of the article) for a human powered vehicle.
    http://www.speed101.com/now/fastest_0127_1.htm

downhill? over 200 km/h on a glacier... (guiness book of records)

personally, I've hit 60+ on a road bike with race standard gearing on the flat, for about 5 minutes ;-) but I can maintain 40+ for hours if I need to on the right setup.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast