Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For bike racers, how fast have you cycled?

Default For bike racers, how fast have you cycled?

AS above, for those have cyclometers attached to the bikes, what is your fastest speed, be it in any terrain? Off course downslope would help you much.

Let me start,

49 kmh, Woodlands road, beside the Bukit Timah Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by swift-monkey
    AS above, for those have cyclometers attached to the bikes, what is your fastest speed, be it in any terrain? Off course downslope would help you much.

Let me start,

49 kmh, Woodlands road, beside the Bukit Timah Plaza.
    well, i cheated, before kranji mrt towards bukit timah, there's a big slope, 55km/h.

More than 60km/h drafting a bus. But that was some time ago.

75km/h downhill with meter....actually I've been faster but not official as I had no meter then

Deregistered

heh heh, install more magnets on a calibrated bike speedo, see what insane speeds you can get

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    heh heh, install more magnets on a calibrated bike speedo, see what insane speeds you can get
    60+ on flats while sprinting

80 drafting trailers along coastal rd and probably that during stage races in m'sia going down the mountains.

81 kmh - downhill with my mt. bike

my bro did 105 kmh with his road bike. (max indicated speed on his speedo)

we were whizzing by cars doing 60.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by patch17
    81 kmh - downhill with my mt. bike

my bro did 105 kmh with his road bike. (max indicated speed on his speedo)

we were whizzing by cars doing 60.
    100+ on a road bike abit unbelieveable lah. you sure your speedo was reading fine and didn't "jump"? hehhhe.

102kph from my GPS receiver, which I think is more accurate the any meter attached to bike. Was cycling along coast rd in my racing bike.

Quote Originally Posted by RayM
    102kph from my GPS receiver, which I think is more accurate the any meter attached to bike. Was cycling along coast rd in my racing bike.
    A calibrated bike speedo is much much more accurate that a GPS speedo. In fact, even a not-so calibrated bike meter is more accurate. The GPS reports speed 'after-the-fact', based on displacement calculations per unit time. It is also unable to track the correct speed around corners unless the GPS sampling rate is extremely high. GPS tracks at 'a-few-times-per-second', the bike meter tracks per wheel revolution.

wao u all seem quite fast.. the fastest i reach was 50+km/h on downslop and 40km/h on flat..

BTW i am selling my road bike.. u guess got any lobang? Good for a communting bike and also good for riding on trainers

Giant OCR 3
    Sora drivetrain
    Mavic CXP21 rims 105 hubs
    Look 206 pedals
    Frame is in good condition onli a bit of paint came off when i crash 2 yrs ago...

Hope to get ard 500

Mine only 65km/h leh.
    Gliding down a downhill curved slope without cycling.

Back in 1986 I did 80 kmh down Fidelio Street. The ambulance must have hit 90 kmh bringing me to SGH. I wouldn't know - I was unconscious. Apparently, before I passed out, I told the passerby that a dog had run out in front of me. I don't remember any of this. Cracked skull (temporal bone), permanent partial deafness right ear.

Nowadays I cycle more sedately. Still no helmet, though.

omg!!

i fell and nearly lost my 2 front teeth, as i was on SPD. the 2 teeth were badly damaged and required root canal treatment hope that they will hold for the rest of my life............

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Back in 1986 I did 80 kmh down Fidelio Street. The ambulance must have hit 90 kmh bringing me to SGH. I wouldn't know - I was unconscious. Apparently, before I passed out, I told the passerby that a dog had run out in front of me. I don't remember any of this. Cracked skull (temporal bone), permanent partial deafness right ear.

Nowadays I cycle more sedately. Still no helmet, though.

my fastest is 85km/h average speed during a thailand dh mtb race.Didn't have the max coz they calculated the avg speed by ur timing.Btw how's your brother doing steven?Long time since i've seen him.

Here's a site long ago I did...one of my crashs.

http://www.geocities.com/blurfonz/crashes.html

wah kaoz...u all real chiongster siahzzz!! =) i havent buy my bike yet..lolz

A shot of myself during a recent dh race in sentosa...*sigh* i miss my bike...
    Last edited by dirtbiker; 16th March 2004 at 10:08 PM.

Default Why not we share abt our crashes?

there is a saying.. there are 2 types of bikers. One type is those that haven crash b4 and the other type is crash b4

i had my worst crash at sentosa. It was the NUS triathlon 2002. Was goin down slop and crash into a drain. Had 9 stiches on my cheek.....Could move my limbs for a week.......

135 km/h on my downhill bike. It was like a breeze!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast