Thread: Good ballhead! Need help

Default Good ballhead! Need help

Hi guys any suggestion for a good ball head ? Tried the markins q3, is great but the price too scary 500 around from Cathay
    do you guys have shop who selling cheaper or good quality ballhead to suggest?
    Let me know the price and location if possible thnx

Default Re: Good ballhead! Need help

Quote Originally Posted by NikonZ View Post
    Hi guys any suggestion for a good ball head ? Tried the markins q3, is great but the price too scary 500 around from Cathay
    manfrotto 484RC2 is pretty good for beginners.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

If you are new, and haven't really got a budget, then go ahead and pick up something cheap. Unfortunately good ballheads are one of those things that just don't come cheap, and compromises will be made if you get anything significantly cheaper than the Markins you looked at.

If you are just starting out though, or your budget is not flexible, then get something cheapish and work with that and see how you get on.

You did not mention what features you need, also what is cheap is relative.

For starters, you can consider the following:
    1. Manfrotto 488rc2
    2. Vanguard SBH-100
    3. Benro K-2

These are under S$200.

IIRC should be around 430 from TK Photo...

It should be cheaper at TK.

If you really need a good ballhead I think you should only consider Markins, Arca-Swiss or Really right stuff ballheads. The least would be a Kangrinpoche (Orient Photo), which should be cheaper than a Markins.

The Karingpoche (sometimes called 'Currypok' by some) balls are quite nice for the price. CP, OP.

A lot depends on your set-up and needs ... and if you need precision adjustments (e.g., for macro or architecture), speed and convenience and consistency, then the likely scenario is that most cheaper balls are going to disappoint to some extent or another.

You don't mention exactly why you need or want a ball. Would a 3-way be a viable option? Very good ones can be had for less than $200, and is usually more secure and stable than balls costing twice as much.

Tk only selling Q3 at 430
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Double posted
    Last edited by veuxtres; 26th February 2010 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    It should be cheaper at TK.

If you really need a good ballhead I think you should only consider Markins, Arca-Swiss or Really right stuff ballheads. The least would be a Kangrinpoche (Orient Photo), which should be cheaper than a Markins.
    the ball head feel faster and easier for me
    Last edited by veuxtres; 26th February 2010 at 10:03 PM.