Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me a PDA ... PLS!

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    oh yah, anyone can tell me wats the main differences between pda and ppc ???? i posted a ppc thread in a pda forum, and was warned not to !! ...
    Personal Digital Assitant (PDA) is a generic term for a digital organiser.

The two leading OSes in the PDA market now are the Windows Mobile 2003 and Palm OS 5.0. Different PDA manufacturers use different OSes e.g. HP, Dell uses WM2003, Sony uses Palm OS and so on.

By the way, I guess I should have warned you first but well, the comparison between PocketPCs and Palms have been debated to death across various PDA forums so I would suggest you do a search in those forums regarding this topic.

West Ray, if you are looking for a Pocket PC device, pse refer to the PPCSG Forum in singapore. This forum has many Singaporeans who are experts on what you will need for a PDA with the price and features in what you are looking for.

They also have a buy and sell column like Clubsnap. So, once you have figured out which PPC to get, you can put up a post there to see if anyone is willing to let go of their item.

Good luck.!

Get a Tungsten T3!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

got budget problem then get a tungsten T2

thanks everyone for the recommedations, but i already got mine long long ago, this thread was posted by innovas1 recently coz he wants a pda too ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Get a Tungsten T3!
    For me, I almost did.... but I defected to the PPC camp eventually

forget bout palm OS PDA. get a Window CE one. basically it's the iPaq. they are more stable better functions and looks good..just a little bit more expensive.

i have tried palms, clie, tungstens for the last 4 years and gave up. I'm quite an anti-microsoft person but i would have to say Windows CE is way more stable and good compared to Palm OS. Not to say Windows XP, which sucks.

if you can spend 500 to 600, get a good iPaq. Can go the stuff u want. movies, mp3s, data transfer with laptops...etc etc. iPaq now comes with bluetooth so it's easy to sync it with laptops. just need to get a thumbdrive look alike bluetooth adapter can liao if you are not using a Powerbook(which has bluetooth build in!! YEAH!!)

=)

Yup yup. I think if you want SD and CF capable iPaq, you can try the iPaq2210. I have it and it's quite good. Slowing down a little (donno why), but still gets the job done. The screen's not that fantastic for viewing pictures. So, if you want to shoot with a digital cam and look at your results on the iPaq, don't expect anything that will amaze you. But it's better than squinting at the small LCD screen on your digital camera.

i recommend you a clie. palm is simple and good. consider the nx80v or TH55 ot a smaller TJ37.

What might you guys recommend if i just need a mobile device for reading acrobat documents and normal word typing?

TIA!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12