Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: if u r always 1 step slower then other

  1. #1

    Default if u r always 1 step slower then other

    what will u do if u r always 1 step slower then other...
    u r not that smart...
    u r slower...
    not that capable...
    even when u work extra hours...
    even that u spend more effort on ur job/task...
    u still not as good as ur coll... no matter he/she are same age/working experience/qualification

    ur hard work mean nothing...

    what will u do??

    where ppl can reach "C" without starting from "A" and go through "B"

  2. #2

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    I will learn how to spell and make use of my keyboard to write complete words, as I will remember that I am not writing an SMS to post on a forum. Thus I will raise my english standard, write better reports and climb the corporate ladder faster than those who write reports, emails and forum posts in SMS-english.
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

    ................ writing an SMS to post on a forum. Thus I will raise my english standard.................
    'an' SMS?

  4. #4

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Thank you for your advice. Appreciate it.
    I was never really good in English and that also my weak point, thank for highlighting it.
    will take note on this.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Member DrSpock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Warp back to Simei
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by likimikuku View Post
    Thank you for your advice. Appreciate it.
    I was never really good in English and that also my weak point, thank for highlighting it.
    will take note on this.

    Thanks
    "What you say to yourself when you are by yourself is what that matters"

    When you say things like "I was never really good in English and that also my weak point..." you are telling yourself (sub-conscious) that it is so and when the reality happens that you are not good in English, then your sub-conscious brain will agreed with you.

    So instead of saying "I'm not good in this or that", every morning when you wake up and look at yourself in the mirror and say " I AM THE BEST IN ______ & _______ & ________" and repeat this for at least 21 days cos it take that long to make it into a habit. Eventually your new reality will agree with you as you can see that thing are diff from before because your sub-conscious begining to have a 'new normal'But before you do that daily, write down ALL the so call thing you are bad in on a piece of paper and burn it, Yes do this ritual and inform your wife, GF of whose opinion you value, and perform this ritual in fornt of them and tell them "I AM GOING TO BE THE BEST IN EVERYTHING"
    Photography? It's all in your mind...

  6. #6

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    'an' SMS?
    LOL

    Thanks. English is still my 2nd language and that proves it!
    Alpha

  7. #7

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    "What you say to yourself when you are by yourself is what that matters"

    When you say things like "I was never really good in English and that also my weak point..." you are telling yourself (sub-conscious) that it is so and when the reality happens that you are not good in English, then your sub-conscious brain will agreed with you.

    So instead of saying "I'm not good in this or that", every morning when you wake up and look at yourself in the mirror and say " I AM THE BEST IN ______ & _______ & ________" and repeat this for at least 21 days cos it take that long to make it into a habit. Eventually your new reality will agree with you as you can see that thing are diff from before because your sub-conscious begining to have a 'new normal'But before you do that daily, write down ALL the so call thing you are bad in on a piece of paper and burn it, Yes do this ritual and inform your wife, GF of whose opinion you value, and perform this ritual in fornt of them and tell them "I AM GOING TO BE THE BEST IN EVERYTHING"
    This will be hard, how am i going to tell myself that i'm good at something where i'm not.

  8. #8

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    'an' SMS?
    It is correct.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

  9. #9

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by likimikuku View Post
    This will be hard, how am i going to tell myself that i'm good at something where i'm not.
    If you know you are not good at something, what are you doing 'now' to be good at it? Not hard.... A journey of a thousand mile begins with a single step.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

  10. #10

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    'an' SMS?
    SMS =

    ass em ass

    AN is probably appropriate

    The basic rules are these: use a before a consonanat sound; use an before a vowel sound. Before a letter or an acronym or before numerals, choose a or an according to the way the letter or numeral is pronounced: an FDA directive, a U.W. resolution, a $5.00 bill.
    ---Webster's Dictionary of English Usage.

  11. #11

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by likimikuku View Post
    ur hard work mean nothing...

    what will u do??
    i will acknowledge that i am not as gifted and keep on doing what i was doing, the best of my ability - assuming that i don't compromise other aspects of my life.

    work pride is something you can always be proud of, whether you achieve great results in career or monetary gain.

    you don't always get what you give, contrary to popular belief. everyone has a different learning curve and everyone has different luck. the same applies for photography.

  12. #12
    Member DrSpock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Warp back to Simei
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by likimikuku View Post
    This will be hard, how am i going to tell myself that i'm good at something where i'm not.
    See, you are doing it to yourself again. The two most powerful words in the English language is "I AM..." What you say after these two words will determine the person you will be! Is it hard to sit in an exam where you are unprepared or prepared? You may say I'll try but Yoda said" DO or DO NOT, There is NO Try" Try is stopping when it gets too hard. Do means all the way until you suceed.

    Do you know how easy it is to be rich? Easy, just follow me & say out loud "I AM RICH, I AM RICH, I AM RICH..." Yes, shout it out so loud until you neighbour thinking "siao lan"

    So STOP all the negative thinking and start thinking all the positive things and soon long enough you will see a change inyour life. Trust me cos I do this things and it works. maybe you can start today by going out to read some books by Adam Khoo or Anthony Robbins or Dale Carnegie
    Photography? It's all in your mind...

  13. #13

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    So STOP all the negative thinking and start thinking all the positive things and soon long enough you will see a change inyour life. Trust me cos I do this things and it works. maybe you can start today by going out to read some books by Adam Khoo or Anthony Robbins or Dale Carnegie
    i think while thinking positively is great, and a good way to go.. i would probably not go to the extent of saying that he should read adam khoo.

    sorry, i just don't think much of him.

    at the same time, negative thinking, given in measured amounts - can always provide us with a safety net to fall back on. there is use for all sorts of thinking - it doesn't matter if it's positive, negative - as long as it is leashed and put to positive use, it will be good for you. life's all about balance, not about leaning to extremities.

    btw, if you keep thinking "i am rich", and spend all that time thinking, you will sit on your ass, and eventually die.

    let's apply it to photography, which in many ways is like life. let's say you are a newbie, who sucks bigtime at this new thing you're trying. naturally saying that "i can do it, i will improve" sounds like a great thing to do, compared to "oh, i suck, let me beat myself up". taking the first case way too far though, will lead to "this is art, i am good, yeah, i am good!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!" so you can't really just have positive thinking all the way. negative thinking grounds us firmly in reality, and i think having measured amounts of both is a great thing.
    Last edited by night86mare; 25th February 2010 at 07:55 AM.

  14. #14
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    'an' SMS?
    It is correct.
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

  15. #15
    Member DrSpock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Warp back to Simei
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think while thinking positively is great, and a good way to go.. i would probably not go to the extent of saying that he should read adam khoo.

    sorry, i just don't think much of him.
    I just throw him in so there is a local flavour lah incase TS never heard of AR or DC Frankly, we were both students from the same 'camp' on personal development

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    at the same time, negative thinking, given in measured amounts - can always provide us with a safety net to fall back on. there is use for all sorts of thinking - it doesn't matter if it's positive, negative - as long as it is leashed and put to positive use, it will be good for you. life's all about balance, not about leaning to extremities.

    btw, if you keep thinking "i am rich", and spend all that time thinking, you will sit on your ass, and eventually die.
    Of course just sitting there will not get you anything but must follow up with taking ACTIONS!!! But to get the whole body moving(physiology) there must be a motivation hence the sub-conscious(psychology) must tell the body to move. Give you an example regarding 'Luck'. What is lucky? Some say I'm lucky some not. Why is that? If you do not queue up (ACTIONS) to buy lottery will you be lucky to strike that $10m on Fri? Or rather too lazy to queue and anyway not lucky(negative thinking). I've come to realise in life the more actions you take the luckier you become

    If got chance do go out to rent/borrow/buy/stael these videos on how to be a winner in life - Facing the Giants
    Coach Carter & The Pursuit of Happyness They will change your life!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    let's apply it to photography, which in many ways is like life. let's say you are a newbie, who sucks bigtime at this new thing you're trying. naturally saying that "i can do it, i will improve" sounds like a great thing to do, compared to "oh, i suck, let me beat myself up". taking the first case way too far though, will lead to "this is art, i am good, yeah, i am good!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!" so you can't really just have positive thinking all the way. negative thinking grounds us firmly in reality, and i think having measured amounts of both is a great thing.
    To some extend I do agree tiny bit not totally that (-) can ever equate/leads to (+). Reality checks are also a (+) as far as I'm concerned cos all the (+) thinking will only go so far and still need the backing of the ACTIONS and nothing in life will ever go according to plan but good planning will somehow get you there halfway & easier to complete the task.

    [I]~ Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.~[/I] Quoted from the movie Coach Carter
    Last edited by DrSpock; 25th February 2010 at 09:18 AM.
    Photography? It's all in your mind...

  16. #16

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Thank you all for the mentally support and some great motivation.

    i do hope to understand all the deep thought that you all provide,
    realised i was never need to be smart enough to create Window 8 or hacking NASA station, but just believe myself and other advantage that i have.

    Slow but still moving, i guess will just have to walk my way rather then run.

    Thanks again.

  17. #17

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    LOL

    Thanks. English is still my 2nd language and that proves it!
    guess u just might be right from the rest's responds.

    wonder if their rules apply in wheel of fortune?

    'like to have an ass please.'

  18. #18

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ass em ass
    why are you calling EM an ass?

  19. #19
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by likimikuku View Post
    what will u do if u r always 1 step slower then other...
    u r not that smart...
    u r slower...
    not that capable...
    even when u work extra hours...
    even that u spend more effort on ur job/task...
    u still not as good as ur coll... no matter he/she are same age/working experience/qualification

    ur hard work mean nothing...

    what will u do??

    where ppl can reach "C" without starting from "A" and go through "B"
    Geezzz really sorry to hear this..... sounds like you'd worked your butt off last year and still ended up with a poor bonus/appraisal ?

    This might sound un-cool but I suggest discussing this with your boss and having an honest conversation with him/her.

    But whether fast, slow, better or worse........ you MUST enjoy what you are doing and the challenges that come with the work...... and i guess you DO enjoy your work.... which explains why you sound so upset
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  20. #20

    Default Re: if u r always 1 step slower then other

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    why are you calling EM an ass?
    poke eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •