Thread: Kota Kinabalu - Where to find good & cheap seafood?

Default Kota Kinabalu - Where to find good & cheap seafood?

I am going there for a 6 days trip, 2 nite will be in KK. I used to stay in KK when I was
    teenager time but that was 20 over years ago. The last trip was 5 years back but didn't
    manage to find one except the one "Ocean Seafood Village" somewhere near the filipino
    market (not really cheap though).

Any bros here or friends from Sabah can tip me where to find good seafood? Dun wanna miss
    the chance for this trip.

Default Re: Kota Kinabalu - Where to find good & cheap seafood?

was there months ago. Want good sea food? Talk to owners of stalls above market, saying you wanna have sea food feast. He or she will direct you to fish stalls nearby. Take you pick. Then tell the cook how you want to have them cooked. Cooks will take cooking fee or part of the sea food or both.
    One memorable experience : lunch buffet at the Sutera Harbour. Value for your moolah.

Blog Entries

Hi,
    Let me recommend (for those away from city ctr n cheaper).
    1.Go to Salut. It's part kelong style 35' drive away from KK city. Non-aircon and cheaper than Ocean seawfood. Ask the locals. They will give you instructions how to get there.
    2.Another good place is Inanam along Kionsom Road. It's only 15' from KK city.
    3.Restoran Luyang - about 10' and situated near housing estates @ Luyang. Don go too late in the evening as it's very popular. Early bird gets the best worm - if you get the drift.
    Remember to ask for directions there.

QUOTE=kohhy6;5894177]I am going there for a 6 days trip, 2 nite will be in KK. I used to stay in KK when I was
    teenager time but that was 20 over years ago. The last trip was 5 years back but didn't
    manage to find one except the one "Ocean Seafood Village" somewhere near the filipino
    market (not really cheap though).

Any bros here or friends from Sabah can tip me where to find good seafood? Dun wanna miss
    the chance for this trip.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Lionheart86; 2nd March 2010 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldchaptoday View Post
    was there months ago. Want good sea food? Talk to owners of stalls above market, saying you wanna have sea food feast. He or she will direct you to fish stalls nearby. Take you pick. Then tell the cook how you want to have them cooked. Cooks will take cooking fee or part of the sea food or both.
    One memorable experience : lunch buffet at the Sutera Harbour. Value for your moolah.
    You mean above the wet market right?

Thanks for the info, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart86 View Post
    Hi,
    Let me recommend (for those away from city ctr n cheaper).
    1.Go to Salut. It's part kelong style 35' drive away from KK city. Non-aircon and cheaper than Ocean seawfood. Ask the locals. They will give you instructions how to get there.
    2.Another good place is Inanam along Kionsom Road. It's only 15' from KK city.
    3.Restoran Luyang - about 10' and situated near housing estates @ Luyang. Don go too late in the evening as it's very popular. Early bird gets the best worm - if you get the drift.
    Remember to ask for directions there.
    Thanks for the info.

For the first 2 tip, I think is out of my radar. But #3 should be quite easy to locate right?
    Dun mind if you can provide me with the Luyang housing estate name, it should have chg
    quite alot since my days in KK.

i am going KK this may also for my Mt Kinabalu climb... i will have 2 extra days so maybe i can explore some nice food!

any recommendations for seafood and others?

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i am going KK this may also for my Mt Kinabalu climb... i will have 2 extra days so maybe i can explore some nice food!

any recommendations for seafood and others?
    Me going to Mt K too thru Mesilau.

You can try out Tanjung Aru during eveing time for their local food or enjoy beer & breeze
    by the sea side.

Another place is the night market below the over head bridge at Segama (but that was
    donkey years ago thru my knowledge, dunno still there or not?)

One last place is their local style "bah kut teh" in Sinsuran.

Enjoy your trip!