Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hi,

really enjoyed reading some of the threads here. Its interesting especially those threads on Photography notes for newbies.

Have an interest in photography, however, not sure will it become a hobby. Would like to own a DSLR, have narrowed down my options to Canon. Friends have suggested EOS 7D, kit lens 15-85.

any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Livier

Default Re: Hi

Save you money on camera, they will be outdated very soon. Invest on good lens, and they will be pay you back every day.

Go for a used 40D and save money for good lens.

Do not wast your money on cheap lens, they will become the most expensive paper weight.

Cheers!
    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

Welcome to CS
    Take the shot!

you have to make a right choice of brand, do more study on which brand of cam and try out which one are you use to it and friendly for you to use.

If you take canon best alway stay with canon, if take nikon stay with nikon. if you change from canon to nikon all your canon len's can't be use and wasted of cash.

alway best to try hang on on all brand before you deside

Try to hang on the 7D, before you deside
    Last edited by peterpan; 24th February 2010 at 12:28 AM.
    Love insects Macro Photography本杰明 More Pctures at my Blog at bennieHsu

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    you have to make a right choice of brand, do more study on which brand of cam and try out which one are you use to it and friendly for you to use.

If you take canon best alway stay with canon, if take nikon stay with nikon. if you change from canon to nikon all your canon len's can't be use and wasted of cash.

alway best to try hang on on all brand before you deside

Try to hang on the 7D, before you deside
    I guess peterpan meant to say "hands on" instead of "hang on", because you can't "hang on" to something if you haven't bought it yet. Some other corrections needed, but guess needed to change that one part to make sure the idea is conveyed correctly.

Sorry for correcting, but I'm a bit of an English Nazi ... having been a teacher before, I faint at the atrocious grammar.

TO livier, if you already have friends who use Canon, and are willing to lend you some of the lenses you might not have, then I would think you are already saving a big sum of money on lenses. Provided they don't mind you using their precious lenses. But if not, open your mind to other brands ... Besides Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, there's Sigma, and Pentax (though Sigma maybe out of your budget range).

But if your checklists have all been ticked, then 7D it is for you, and the 15-85 is a good enough lens to start with, until you are sure you can definitely pinpoint as to specifically why you need a different lens.

Before signing off, Welcome to the Club! Show us some of your pics when you have gotten your camera!

Cheers!
    Last edited by dingaroo; 24th February 2010 at 01:11 AM.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Welcome to CS
    Go google and read up reviews and hands on at the showroom for the feel and comfort before u commit to any purchase.. 15-85 is a gd range to start with
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Hello...welcome.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

welcome...

Deregistered

Welcome to CS

Welcome doode!

Hi All,
    thanks for the lovely replies.

Silverpine-Thanks for sharing your views!
    Peterpan- Great advice!
    Dingaroo-Your name sounds like 'dingo' and 'roos' combined. One more correction 'deside' to 'decide'
    Numnumball- "will do"
    Galdor- Nice signature!

Cheers