Thread: Deposit VND to Hostel Owner?

Default Deposit VND to Hostel Owner?

Wondering anyone can help me on this. I wanna book this hostel and they dun have online booking, hence i emailed the email add advertised. It's actually hostel Bien Bua in Mui Ne. The owner replied me this.

"Hello,
    You can deposit account savings account 50% in VND (dong)
    My account: NGUYEN THI TUYET LOAN ******3877940 VIETCOMBANK branch Phu THo - HO CHI MINH CITY.
    I'll keep 2 rooms for you.

Does this mean i must go remittance centre to transfer to his account? I havent done remittance before though..

Thx for your advice.
    5DMk2

Default Re: Deposit VND to Hostel Owner?

that's interesting, i don't recall having had to make a deposit

why don't you try other hostels?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    that's interesting, i don't recall having had to make a deposit

why don't you try other hostels?
    Well..my budget pretty low, so i didnt bother to try those usd50 and above. I also tried Hiep Hoa and Hong Di Bungalows they fared worse..didnt even reply my emails even after i sent twice.
    5DMk2

ermm you going hanoi/ho chi minh or ?

at least for hanoi, i remembered that it is way easy to get a very decent room at below 20 usd.

aircon, clean bed, hot shower, tv, fridge. serious

and nah no deposit needed

Quote Originally Posted by Fireemblem View Post
    ermm you going hanoi/ho chi minh or ?

at least for hanoi, i remembered that it is way easy to get a very decent room at below 20 usd.

aircon, clean bed, hot shower, tv, fridge. serious

and nah no deposit needed
    im gg hcm then mui ne..hmc no prob, i already booked the hostel liao. Just that Mui ne seems tough to find..not many websites have hostels of mui ne and mostly dun have online booking.
    5DMk2

or you can also try to get a room when you reach there. High chance you can get a room as there are so many hostel around. can ask to see the room before taking it.

anyway unless you already have VND in your hands for remittance, otherwise never change VND in singapore, you will be getting a very very low rate. about 70% of what you can get if you change in VND as VND is a controlled currency

or you can also try to get a room when you reach there. High chance you can get a room as there are so many hostel around. can ask to see the room before taking it.
    i second that. ask your hcm hotel to help call and negotiate.

anyway unless you already have VND in your hands for remittance, otherwise never change VND in singapore, you will be getting a very very low rate. about 70% of what you can get if you change in VND as VND is a controlled currency
    Thx for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    i second that. ask your hcm hotel to help call and negotiate.

Hmm..this is an idea workable. Anyway im gg on 8th May, is not peak period rite?
    5DMk2

I booked the resort for Mui Ne via the Travel Agent in HCMC..actually I booked a transport+hotel deal in HCMC, but I think it;s cheaper if u booked the hotel in Singapore via website. We did bargain with him but I din have my notebook with me so couldn;t compare the price...

Quote Originally Posted by mayngbt View Post
    I booked the resort for Mui Ne via the Travel Agent in HCMC..actually I booked a transport+hotel deal in HCMC, but I think it;s cheaper if u booked the hotel in Singapore via website. We did bargain with him but I din have my notebook with me so couldn;t compare the price...
    the problem is im having hard time finding official website with booking info for hostel less than usd20 per night. they have the room rates but no info on booking. They have email add but they dont respond.
    5DMk2

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lam CK View Post
    the problem is im having hard time finding official website with booking info for hostel less than usd20 per night. they have the room rates but no info on booking. They have email add but they dont respond.
    i guess it's easier for me since i have a higher budget...fyi i stayed at Noang Ngoc resort...it's quite clean and nice

Quote Originally Posted by mayngbt View Post
    i guess it's easier for me since i have a higher budget...fyi i stayed at Noang Ngoc resort...it's quite clean and nice
    btw, i think the prices for vn has increased since i went 2 yrs ago