Thread: external flash help :D

Default external flash help :D

Okay, this is for macro shots. i do not know any functions on my flash at all. zoom, ettl ?
    speedlite 580 ex ll
    can anyone explain to me all the functions or give me a link to a guide on using flash? thanks
    Canon Eos 500D
    100mm Macro Lens, Single Diffused Flash

Default Re: external flash help :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanchew View Post
    Okay, this is for macro shots. i do not know any functions on my flash at all. zoom, ettl ?
    speedlite 580 ex ll
    can anyone explain to me all the functions or give me a link to a guide on using flash? thanks
    Have you used this flash before? Like on normal shoots on humans? If yes, its the same. Are you shooting on or off camera? Any diffuser on it?
    You can either use ettl or manual output. But please go do some experimental shots & see what are the results for shooting macros.
    Read the manual
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Have you used this flash before? Like on normal shoots on humans? If yes, its the same. Are you shooting on or off camera? Any diffuser on it?
    You can either use ettl or manual output. But please go do some experimental shots & see what are the results for shooting macros.
    Read the manual
    i dont really understand the manual, it doesnt explain the functions like ettl and manual.
    on camera,
    bought diffuser,
    and yes i've used it before. but it doesnt seem to work well and i have to use a low shutter speed http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656179

thanks
    Canon Eos 500D
    100mm Macro Lens, Single Diffused Flash

Err. it is in ur manual right?
    Tk special note to diffusing ur flash or dailing down ur FEV (as an when necessary) when shooting macro as we all want a natural looking lighting on ur subjects..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanchew View Post
    i dont really understand the manual, it doesnt explain the functions like ettl and manual.
    on camera,
    bought diffuser,
    and yes i've used it before. but it doesnt seem to work well and i have to use a low shutter speed http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656179

thanks
    Oh, this thread. On the flash panel, can you switch to manual? And from there, can you select flash output? It should show something like this > 1/1 or 1/2 or 1/4 & so on. Camera set on manual. Set your aperture & shutter speed & test out the different flash output to sync with your apertue & shutter speed.
    Are you firing on or off camera?
    If on ettl, set camera to aperture priority & try. Change the metering mode.
    Take the shot!