Thread: filter casing

Default filter casing

hi...
    i recently bought a few filter but dun realli know how to protect them as i only put one filter on the lens at one time....so is there a case that u can put all ur filter in in??? wat do u call that???how much one will cost???thanx for the reply.....

the filter casing I'm using now, I call it CD CASE

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer
    the filter casing I'm using now, I call it CD CASE
    so u did use something to store all ur filter lah....but dun u afraid that it might get some scratch??on the filter?how can u make sure u take full care of it??

I bought a B+W case that looks like a wallet from CP. It can hold 6 filters. (You can probably squeeze in another 2 more by screwing them together. Cost about $20. I saw a smaller and cheaper looking one. I didn't ask for the price.

Why not try a Minidisc or diskette softcase? Size is smaller unless your filter sizes are above 62mm.

I seriously don't see why anyone would want to replace filter cases with minidisc or diskette cases. Size restrictions aside, they're not at all smaller or less bulky than the regular filter cases which offers more protection I might add.

Back to wallets.... Lowepro also makes one that holds 6 filters.(Max size 82mm dia.)

Regarding these filter wallets, are those tight plastic things you slip the filters in and out of? Would they scratch the filter? I've read about the mating collars, whereby you can screw your filters onto it until you have one whole long roll of filters screw onto each other...are those better?