Thread: Zambia : What is interesting?

Default Zambia : What is interesting?

guys and gals, need your advice please.

i have a work trip coming up end-May to Zambia. This would be my first trip to the Dark Continent, and so I have no clue at all what are the interesting spots for photography in Zambia.

i intend to extend my stay by one week. don't know if this is enough for landscape photography. i am not doing any safari though.

any advice and comment would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

cheers and Happy Lunar New Year!

Default Re: Zambia : What is interesting?

pay Victoria Falls a visit. bring ur wide lens if possible.

BRING WATERPROOF CAMERA OR WATERPROOF UR CAMERA!!

u can do tings like mircolighting, bunjee jumping, sunset river cruise. sit by the river for a drink.

it's a great place for peace and nature lovers.. Africa is a wonderful place!

if budget allows, take a boat ride to botswana. take a stay in elephant lodge.. have a morning and evening drive down the reserve park.. it's fun! (AND COLD)

the boat rides are fun, bring ur zoom lens for animals shooting.

i spend 12 days in africa... din wanna come back!

=P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Falls

this is abt vic falls.. depending on where u're going to livingstone.

since u'll most likely be transitting in josburg, can consider extending ur stay there also. there's there chobi reserve lodge... very wonderful place... i caught the view of the lions there...

1week in africa might not be enough...

but that time i was there for 12 days, i was at

1: Cape Town. Table mountain, cheetah farms, penguins, oceans, cape of good hope and more!
    2: Zambia. Livingstone: Victoria Falls. bunjee jumps, outdoor adventure right at the falls!
    3: Botswana: games drives, river cruise and 5 star outdoor hotel! lol bugs and animal roars included.
    4: Josburg: Chobi reserve, mountain canopy swinging!

my tour operator from singapore is experience and good. she's been in africa for like 10years? or 7years? not sure..

but she can manage everything there! haha...

let me know if u need her contact.. enjoy ur stay in africa!

Africa is a place where i would say everyone should go there at least once in their live time!
    Last edited by Xiaofighter; 24th February 2010 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaofighter View Post

since u'll most likely be transitting in josburg, can consider extending ur stay there also. there's there chobi reserve lodge... very wonderful place... i caught the view of the lions there...

1: Cape Town. Table mountain, cheetah farms, penguins, oceans, cape of good hope and more!
    2: Zambia. Livingstone: Victoria Falls. bunjee jumps, outdoor adventure right at the falls!
    3: Botswana: games drives, river cruise and 5 star outdoor hotel! lol bugs and animal roars included.

my tour operator from singapore is experience and good. she's been in africa for like 10years? or 7years? not sure..

Africa is a place where i would say everyone should go there at least once in their live time!
    Cost wise isnt it really expensive too, cause most people advise tourists to stay in 4 5 star hotels as South Africa isnt a very safe place, especially with the world cup, im sure prices can kill man

Well security wise, everywhere in the world is the same. Crisis happens anywhere and everywhere.

In Singapore crime are hidden from public views and statistics are understated.

4 to 5 star hotels are using safety as a marketing instrument. Trident hotel in india was a 5 star!

get travel insurance along, in times where unforesee happens, travel insurance will come in great handy.

Bring USDs. i honestly find the pricing there is very much similar to singapore's tourist pricing. a meal in resturant cost $20/pax on average. hotel is like $250/nite. and things like that. so dun expect like a cheap bargain in the cities. but u may find it in the rural areas.

It's an experience once in a life time go for it! i mean how many times u have lions, rhinos, buffalos walking beside u? =)

thank you so much for the detailed info. appreciate it!

wow, victoria falls look like a must go...
    α850 | SAL2470Z | SAL135F18Z | SAL70200G | SAL50F1.4

yo, can u send the contact of your guide?
    My dream shot - Cheetah zigzagging with gazelle, wanted to ask if they organise such trip?
    Also, will like to ask if she does tanzania's serengeti, witnessing the mass exodus to greener pasture.
    shall hear from you mate!