Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

  1. #1

    Default Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    hi all , just a question , i am using 450d , just starting used ,should i sell my 450D away since now still got a good price , to get an 40D instead ?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Quote Originally Posted by vytieubaodt View Post
    hi all , just a question , i am using 450d , just starting used ,should i sell my 450D away since now still got a good price , to get an 40D instead ?
    Thanks
    Then are you going to sell the 40D later for something else when it can still fetch a good price? And then do the same for the next? And the next? And the next? Where does it end?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    May i ask whats the reason to prompt u to sell? Have u explored with ur 450D?
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  4. #4

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    If you think switching to a 40D will make your pictures better, you are wrong. Learn to use your current camera first.
    Alpha

  5. #5
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    You do realize that the 40D is a lot heavier than the 450D right?
    Exploring! :)

  6. #6
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Sold my 400D after getting a 2nd hand 40D.... Up to you to decide if you want to sell one to buy the other

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upper Serangoon
    Posts
    1,187

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Then when 60D comes out? You sell 40D while its still a good price to get 5D Mark I? :P

  8. #8

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Hi TS, maybe you can tink what are the features of 40D you need which your 450D can't provide or limits you. Is it the AF, burst speed, ISO, degree of control, handling of camera, etc that you want in the 40D? Is the 450D limiting your progress? Or you have yet to fully discover your 450D? Also, as many would say, it is the lens that makes more of a difference than the body.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    thanks for all ur advise , i was just thinking 40d is better than 450D , honestly i'm not fully exploring my 450D!!! Will learn fr this 450D ,cheers !!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Quote Originally Posted by vytieubaodt View Post
    thanks for all ur advise , i was just thinking 40d is better than 450D , honestly i'm not fully exploring my 450D!!! Will learn fr this 450D ,cheers !!!
    It is better than 450D... in some ways. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to command a higher price tag, right? But is it better in the ways that mean something to you and your photography?
    Exploring! :)

  11. #11
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    better get the 40D..... you get better pics

    if you want the BEST pics get the 1ds III
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  12. #12

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    better get the 40D..... you get better pics

    if you want the BEST pics get the 1ds III


    1ds IV already mah...
    Alpha

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upper Serangoon
    Posts
    1,187

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post


    1ds IV already mah...
    Where to buy

  14. #14
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Quote Originally Posted by vytieubaodt View Post
    thanks for all ur advise , i was just thinking 40d is better than 450D , honestly i'm not fully exploring my 450D!!! Will learn fr this 450D ,cheers !!!
    If you aren't even sure how is it better then a 40D is not going to help you in any way.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Quote Originally Posted by vytieubaodt View Post
    hi all , just a question , i am using 450d , just starting used ,should i sell my 450D away since now still got a good price , to get an 40D instead ?
    Thanks
    believe me, camera buy already, sell won't get good price one.

    good price is when you sell for more than you buy. the only way you do this is to buy in singapore, then fly to london and sell your 450d, maybe you can get a good price here, because cameras more expensive here.

    450d takes great pictures. stop thinking of your camera as an investment, and start taking pictures - the returns are in terms of pictures, not cash.

    cameras in general can only depreciate in value. your logic is quite silly, if you really think about it.

    like that, i buy new car, better sell it quickly first while still have quite a nice price, even though i will lose a significant amount of the car value IMMEDIATELY. then i buy a old used car, which doesn't have a nice price. a bit boh liao right. you might as well have gone for the old used car and saved yourself the loss.
    Last edited by night86mare; 23rd February 2010 at 10:03 AM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post


    1ds IV already mah...
    since when?
    I thought the latest release was the 1D Mk IV, an APS-H camera?
    Exploring! :)

  17. #17
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    believe me, camera buy already, sell won't get good price one.

    good price is when you sell for more than you buy. the only way you do this is to buy in singapore, then fly to london and sell your 450d, maybe you can get a good price here, because cameras more expensive here.

    450d takes great pictures. stop thinking of your camera as an investment, and start taking pictures - the returns are in terms of pictures, not cash.

    cameras in general can only depreciate in value. your logic is quite silly, if you really think about it.

    like that, i buy new car, better sell it quickly first while still have quite a nice price, even though i will lose a significant amount of the car value IMMEDIATELY. then i buy a old used car, which doesn't have a nice price. a bit boh liao right. you might as well have gone for the old used car and saved yourself the loss.
    Totally agree!
    Never heard of people selling their equipment because the price is still good. Like that, might as well not have bought it in the first place.
    Exploring! :)

  18. #18

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    i used 450d as a start in 08 dec. my bro was using 40D then. We put a test to it. Using tripod, same object, same speed, setting ... everything same..(room lighting) 450D wit kit lens(18-55mm), then 450D with 17-85mm USM, then 40D with kit lens then 40D wit Lens.. Pic difference alot in 450D using kit & 40D using kit len.. L Lens makes diff too, only in clearity & fine details... after that test within 3days i sold my 450D(6mths old) of a 40D(1yr+) here in cs. top up a $50(lucky for me). 40D is famous for noise reduction & proven its better than 30D & 50D. Even the "old" birds in penninsula shop. Do it now or u'll waste lots of good pics. I don do ps so i need a affortable yet good cam. cheers. Hope tis helps u.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Should sell 450d to buy 40d

    I really missed my old 40D is fast cam, good iso, good handling but only the poor resolution display haiz...
    Life is always waiting for the RIGHT moment...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •