Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Photographic resume

  1. #1
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Photographic resume

    You're now a serious hobbyist. What would you put in a professional resume for a photographic job?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    A portfolio consisting about 12~15 shots ( the very best ) and say...these are my works.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    You're now a serious hobbyist. What would you put in a professional resume for a photographic job?
    if you are a serious hobbyist looking for a photographic job,

    then you can't really be all that serious about your hobby, right?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    You're now a serious hobbyist. What would you put in a professional resume for a photographic job?
    [1] Any photographic qualifications you have.
    [2] Any professional organisations you are a member of.
    [3] Any professional experience you have.
    [4] Any professional jobs you've done in the past.
    [5] Major clients and references.
    [6] Any other particularly pertinent information that you would normally enclose in a CV.

    Your portfolio is important obviously and you need to tailor it to the job, but if you are specifically referring to a resume then I wouldn't put images in unless they've specifically asked for it.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    As a hobbyist, the utmost is...

    * Active member of photographic society or association.
    * Senior member of clubsnap community also can.
    * Position hold in the clubs, committee member, course instructor, treasurer, vice chairman etc.
    * Associateship or better Fellowship of some globally recognized photo-society.
    * Whatever awards won in competition, something like Top photographer of the World would be good.
    * Recipient of Republic of Singapore's cultural medallion would be best.

    Surely would get a chance for an interview.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    As a hobbyist, the utmost is...

    * Active member of photographic society or association.
    * Senior member of clubsnap community also can.
    * Position hold in the clubs, committee member, course instructor, treasurer, vice chairman etc.
    * Associateship or better Fellowship of some globally recognized photo-society.
    * Whatever awards won in competition, something like Top photographer of the World would be good.
    * Recipient of Republic of Singapore's cultural medallion would be best.

    Surely would get a chance for an interview.
    That's remarkably different from your first answer

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    You're now a serious hobbyist. What would you put in a professional resume for a photographic job?
    you need a CV photo like mine




  8. #8

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    you need a CV photo like mine



    You're hired!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    you need a CV photo like mine



    Shirt not ironed.

    No build in grip on camera.

    No big lens and pink lens hood somemore!!!

    IMAGE IMAGE IMAGE!!!

    YOU'RE FIRED!

    Last edited by Yapster; 23rd February 2010 at 12:55 AM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Shirt not ironed.

    No build in grip on camera.

    No big lens and pink lens hood somemore!!!

    IMAGE IMAGE IMAGE!!!

    YOU'RE FIRED!

    tie is not done properly
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    me not hired in the first place!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    Hi Jed,

    I provided the first answer / suggestion, coz that' what I'd done exactly. Have got nothing academically to show but only a handful of my ( considerably ) best shot. As a matter of fact, I got hired is strictly base on my portfolio, nobody asked about my qualification.

    My notion is, photographers is like a chef / cook. Whatever recipe you show to others will not matter until they sample / taste what you'd cooked.
    A common practice among restaurant when hiring chef / cook.
    Similar for cabinetary factory looking for skilled carpenter.
    The test will be... go make a hidden mortise n tenon joint or a half dovetail joint and show me.

    A serious hobbyist but a professional resume ...I'll take it as certificates, awards, trophy, medals, achievements gathered during the time of which he is persuing his hobby. But now decided to make a living out of photography.

    Any further valued points, you're welcomed to add / advised / correct and contribute.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: Photographic resume

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    I provided the first answer / suggestion, coz that' what I'd done exactly. Have got nothing academically to show but only a handful of my ( considerably ) best shot. As a matter of fact, I got hired is strictly base on my portfolio, nobody asked about my qualification.
    Absolutely and totally possible Not disagreeing in the slightest, it's just he asked for stuff to put in a photographic resume ^.^

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •