Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: can still travel?

  1. #1

    Question can still travel?

    There was this similar thread on this topic but it was closed, my problem is slightly different.

    I did not get a return chop on my way out from Malaysia custom. But I've no intention to return to Malaysia in the near future.

    I will be traveling out of the country next month and I'm worried, will the Singapore Officer will stop me from traveling by air over that missing chop from Malaysia? Or I need to renew my passport when it's still left 2 years of validity.

    Please help! Thanks!
    Last edited by kkarenn; 21st February 2010 at 12:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Member whizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bkt Timah
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: can still travel?

    I don't think the Singapore immigration will specifically look out for your disembarkation chop from Malaysia unless it is very obvious i.e. your passport does not contain many chops.

  3. #3

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Unfortunately, I don't travel much so only 2 pages of the passport were used. And on the 2nd page, there's only 1 chop. Without the return from Malaysia.

    If that's the case, would I be asked why I want to make a new passport when it's not expired? Because my Dad told me, individual countries will only care about their own country's chop.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkarenn View Post
    There was this similar thread on this topic but it was closed, my problem is slightly different.

    I did not get a return chop on my way out from Malaysia custom. But I've no intention to return to Malaysia in the near future.

    I will be traveling out of the country next month and I'm worried, will the Singapore Officer will stop me from traveling by air over that missing chop from Malaysia? Or I need to renew my passport when it's still left 2 years of validity.

    Please help! Thanks!
    how come nvr get a return chop wor??

    perhaps give a call to the embassy can find out?

  5. #5

    Default Re: can still travel?

    It was my 1st F&E trip to Malaysia, the previous one was a guided tour. My parents and I weren't familiar with the place and for some reason, everyone around us just walked past the custom, no one bother to check our passports before leaving. So we followed the crowds.

    My school need our passport for our school trip next month and now, I'm worried if my trip will be affected over that 1 missing chop. =\

    I don't wish to have all those stories that I heard about giving coffee money or be lock in prison XD happening to me/us. So I'm just wondering if there's any fastest way to solve this problem.

    Can't possibly make a new passport for no apparent reason eh.

  6. #6

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Actually this kind of things dont play with the authorities. It can be as simple as an explanation will do the work. But it also can be as complicated as law comes into place.

    Everytime I got my passport handed back to me, I make sure I checked the stamps are correctly date and chopped, to save future troubles.

    If you ever go back again, they will DEFINITELY question you on why there isn't any Departure Stamp.

    I have a similar experience whereby one family member's passport had the departure stamp on a different page (several pages in front of the arrival stamp, dont ask me why the officer choose to stamp at previous pages, i have no idea also). And the subsequent visits was troublesome as they will open up the passport, see only the Arrival Stamp but NO Departure Stamp, they began to question. At first we got a shock also. After that the first officer who found out that problem helped us to fold the page whereby the Departure Stamp was for future officers to take note.

    It was really troublesome and alot of time was wasted having to explain.

  7. #7

    Default Re: can still travel?

    But will Singapore Officer at Changi stop me over the Malaysia stamp? Because I won't be heading to Malaysia, I'm flying out of Singapore.

  8. #8
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkarenn View Post
    But will Singapore Officer at Changi stop me over the Malaysia stamp? Because I won't be heading to Malaysia, I'm flying out of Singapore.
    Never take anything for chance especially in such a situation.

    Head down to the High Commission of Malaysia and settle it ASAP.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  9. #9

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkarenn View Post
    It was my 1st F&E trip to Malaysia, the previous one was a guided tour. My parents and I weren't familiar with the place and for some reason, everyone around us just walked past the custom, no one bother to check our passports before leaving. So we followed the crowds.
    My school need our passport for our school trip next month and now, I'm worried if my trip will be affected over that 1 missing chop. =\
    I don't wish to have all those stories that I heard about giving coffee money or be lock in prison XD happening to me/us. So I'm just wondering if there's any fastest way to solve this problem.
    Can't possibly make a new passport for no apparent reason eh.
    Those that just walked past customs are Malaysians. Malaysian customs does not stamp their passports as there are large numbers of Malaysians going into SG daily (work/study/visit etc); they just let them go on to be processed by SG customs.
    Better clear things up with MY immigration or you run the risk of getting into trouble in the future.

  10. #10

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Is it normal to feel lost and worried? O_O

    I know the solution is go to the embassy and solve it. But is this the only solution? Even if I'm not going to Malaysia at all?

  11. #11
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkarenn View Post
    I know the solution is go to the embassy and solve it. But is this the only solution? Even if I'm not going to Malaysia at all?
    You can sit around hoping that nothing happens now or in the future when you visit Malaysia again after forgetting this entire incident and finding yourself getting arrested by Malaysian immigration authorities or try to get it settled. Your choice.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  12. #12

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Thank you for the prompt replies and all the helps!
    Last edited by kkarenn; 21st February 2010 at 03:27 PM.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    328

    Default Re: can still travel?

    dont take the chance go to their malaysia embassy in Singapore, to ensure that they have registered your exit

  14. #14

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Malaysian customs do occasionally check and read the chops in the passports. The missing exit chop if discovered is almost a guarantee for serious trouble with their immigration laws punishable by the laws of Malaysia. As for travelling to other countries, missing chops may raise suspicion that the passport is a fake, or the holder of it is. This usually end up in hours of delays through interviews and passport forensic verifications depending how serious the immigration authority is. As simple as it is, passports that have chops that don't close loops are hazardous to possess.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  15. #15
    Member whizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bkt Timah
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: can still travel?

    To be safe, it is advisable to consult the Malaysian High Commission on how to rectify this.

    Some countries do not have entry and exit stamps e.g. for New Zealand and UK, you get a stamp upon entry but no stamp when you leave. However, in Malaysia's case, there is both.

  16. #16

    Default Re: can still travel?

    May I know what might happen at the Malaysian High Commission?

    -edited

    according to this topic, http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=375812&page=3, the member was asked to go back Malaysia and solve it. so does it mean that heading to M.H.C might not even solve the problem at all?
    Last edited by kkarenn; 21st February 2010 at 11:05 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: can still travel?

    I think they clearly state to remind you to check that your passport is stamped before you leave the counter.
    So what happened to you and did not check?

    Don't you realise now that it may not be accidental?
    Last edited by ricohflex; 22nd February 2010 at 06:56 AM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Malaysian customs do occasionally check and read the chops in the passports. The missing exit chop if discovered is almost a guarantee for serious trouble with their immigration laws punishable by the laws of Malaysia. As for travelling to other countries, missing chops may raise suspicion that the passport is a fake, or the holder of it is. This usually end up in hours of delays through interviews and passport forensic verifications depending how serious the immigration authority is. As simple as it is, passports that have chops that don't close loops are hazardous to possess.
    Oh Coffee Break - Kopi$$$$$$

    a country with love, problem can be settled.

  19. #19

    Default Re: can still travel?

    Yup, I do know this problem is no longer an accident, it's real and serious. I've stated everything, all the details, in the first few posts
    anyway thanks for the replies and suggestion and everything
    Last edited by kkarenn; 22nd February 2010 at 07:27 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •