Thread: EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM with APS-C sensor good for Portrait shoot?

Default EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM with APS-C sensor good for Portrait shoot?

As per title.

Thanks and Regards,
    szehanz

Default Re: EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM with APS-C sensor good for Portrait shoot?

40D + EF 100/2.8L IS Macro :

Default Re: EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM with APS-C sensor good for Portrait shoot?

if u dun mind the working distance and the "oversharpness" macro lens provides as a portrait lens, by all means~
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

I use it with 500D, here are some photos to share. All pictures are not crop and edit.

1/320 f/3.2 ISO 400

1/160 f/3.2 ISO 400

1/250 f/4.0 ISO 200

I don't see a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by antty View Post
    I use it with 500D, here are some photos to share. All pictures are not crop and edit.

1/250 f/4.0 ISO 200
    i am amazed by the details at the nose area.

Thanks guys.

Regards,
    szehanz

Sorry TS got to side track abit, I heard that this macro lens is no as fast as the other prime lens, in terms of focusing speed....wonder is it very significant?

Quote Originally Posted by Teegongkia View Post
    Sorry TS got to side track abit, I heard that this macro lens is no as fast as the other prime lens, in terms of focusing speed....wonder is it very significant?
    It does hunts a bit when you are doing macro but if you are doing portraits, there is a switch which you can turn to limit its focusing range, and the focusing would be very fast.

I find that the macro lens speed is fast enough for a slow mole like me . I used it for both macros and portraits.

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    if u dun mind the working distance and the "oversharpness" macro lens provides as a portrait lens, by all means~
    funny how a lens is too sharp... Usually people complain that a lens is not sharp enough.