Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olee mini dehumidifier is very powerful

Default Re: Olee mini dehumidifier is very powerful

My situation is very similar to Fotophilic's except been doing it only more than a year. Getting the hang of it takes a bit of experimenting (and obviously you're experimenting also).

For me, I don't have a dry cab because space does not permit; will definitely get one when I get my new place.. but in the meantime, the box stays at 40-55%, and I also rotate usage of every lens so that none gets left unused for long.

Ok to be frank i do not get 40 ALL THE TIME with the olee inside those cheap dry box... like what other mentioned, i use 2 method:

-if it drops 35 i open the dry box for a few sec to control to humidity level
    -the new method i try is to leave the olee outside for few hrs after the power plug discharge... then only i place it inside the dry box

anyway i recommend ppl to use a dry box if cost a space not a issue... i only use this passive drybox simply becos i wont open up this box very often...

Quote Originally Posted by Axedeee View Post
    If it's something that's not accessed often, might want to consider just using selica gel.
    I think the Olee is a silica gel ...just that its pack in the plastic container to allow u to discharge moisture via the home power plug... i dont buy those lose pack as i do not like the idea using microwave to rechage them... and buying new silica gel is also costly for long term so this Olee i find it more cost effective

like that u're kinda wasting the power of the silica gel already, as it need to absorb mositure from both box and environment. try the putting the dehumidifer in a ziplock, not sealing it, and put it in the drybox. it works for me, hope it works for u too. like what wildcat said, it does involve a little experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny888 View Post
    lol i get what u mean, what i'm trying to do now is i didnt seal my dry box completely as in instead on latching the box, i just use something light to press on the cover so that there is very slight gaps. coz of i close up the entire box, the olee dehumidifier is going to rapidly take in moisture and goes down to 30 lol!
    cameras are not made of tofu

Quote Originally Posted by Fotophilic View Post
    like that u're kinda wasting the power of the silica gel already, as it need to absorb mositure from both box and environment. try the putting the dehumidifer in a ziplock, not sealing it, and put it in the drybox. it works for me, hope it works for u too. like what wildcat said, it does involve a little experimenting.
    hi, LOL! now i really get what u mean. put the dehumidifier into a ziplock back but not fully sealed so that it wont be that powerful to take in moisture in the dry box until that extreme rite? haha... okie i'll try that : ) tks for that!

I also tried something similar last time... which is to use few peices of paper cut to right size and cover half of the Olee ..it will then absorb much slower and by the time it reach 40 or 38 .. it stops..

but hard to say how much to practise all these... must trial and error... quite sian one

Quote Originally Posted by kenny888 View Post
    hi, LOL! now i really get what u mean. put the dehumidifier into a ziplock back but not fully sealed so that it wont be that powerful to take in moisture in the dry box until that extreme rite? haha... okie i'll try that : ) tks for that!
    yah.
    cameras are not made of tofu

Quote Originally Posted by TsQ View Post
    use the Olee plug in dehumidifier .. i think $35 for two .. i using it in a cheapo plastic drybox (those they give out free in AHouse) .. and its consistant at 40-45

once it goes to 55 , i take it out and heat it via the power plug for 12 hrs and use again..
    Is $35.80 for 2
    Just brought last night
    one for my wife big wardrobe
    one for my dslr and lens

Quote Originally Posted by mivec View Post
    Is $35.80 for 2
    Just brought last night
    one for my wife big wardrobe
    one for my dslr and lens
    For wardrobe, if its big.. the usage is not so effective.. esp its a place u will open and close often. For wardrobe u might need the more powerful ones like thirstyhippo or any of the similar ones.

if u wife got lots of expensive cloths.. u might want to order a huminity monitor and place in the wardrobe.. ebay sell for like $15-20 from HK.. some offer 3 together at discouted too. Works well and u can see if the Olee is working in those bigger space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12