Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cokin holder + Tian Ya filters

Default Re: Cokin holder + Tian Ya filters

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    u r right man!.. why i forgot abt this... haha...

sigma 8-16 got no filter thread...

luckily i never rush to buy filters lenses etc... imho, only buy filters when u have more or less complete ur lens shoppping... i have a fren who wan to buy a 58mm 10 stops... imagine when he gets a bigger diameter lens... then spend more $$...

anyway ... tks guys...
    I buy things really slowly... shopped and read around for more than a month before I plonked down for a DSLR... same for the UWA... now I have Lee holder and proper adaptor ring but no filters to play around with... SUPER slow...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    I buy things really slowly... shopped and read around for more than a month before I plonked down for a DSLR... same for the UWA... now I have Lee holder and proper adaptor ring but no filters to play around with... SUPER slow...
    Slow is good. That is why the poison set in for you bro, and you ended up with 2204x with markins ball head.

big stopper big stopper big stopper...

I am planning to get one also. Want to go order at CP together? I will try to poison NNB also.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th August 2010 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Slow is good. That is why the poison set in for you bro, and you ended up with 2204x with markins ball head.

big stopper big stopper big stopper...

I am planning to get one also. Want to go order at CP together? I will try to poison NNB also.
    Yeah, I just posted up my msg on the other thread!

Well... considering that i only need to spend once, and not BBB then SSS then Upgrade BBB... that's $$$ saved for me...

When are you planning to go CP?
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 9th August 2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

When I was still using Cokin P, the Cokin ND8 gives color cast very easily. For GND8, in the end I got Tianya.

Hoya ND400 is around 8 stops and it is a screw on filter. B+W filters are all screw on, their equivalent slotted filters are under the Schneider optics brand name and it is a lot more expensive than LEE.

Hitech comes in 85mm also. They list their stuff differently. 0.3 = 1 stop. 0.6 = 2 stops. 0.9 = 3 stops.

To see cokin color cast:
    http://darthbertz.blogspot.com/2010/...by-nd-and.html
    Thanks for the info bro
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    I also a very slow shopper. I spent ard 3 months lurking ard in cs forum to decide which dslr to buy. Then now i researching on UWA and filters. Dont know how long it will take for me to decide what to buy. Then, out of a sudden, newbie corner is fill with many filter threads. Information overflow. Dont know if i should go for budget cokin and tianya, or save up for lee n hitech. But i personally feel that maybe i should go for UWA and do exposure blending for landscape then after that then start learning how to use filter. Confuse
    Any advise?

Quote Originally Posted by niunai View Post
    I also a very slow shopper. I spent ard 3 months lurking ard in cs forum to decide which dslr to buy. Then now i researching on UWA and filters. Dont know how long it will take for me to decide what to buy. Then, out of a sudden, newbie corner is fill with many filter threads. Information overflow. Dont know if i should go for budget cokin and tianya, or save up for lee n hitech. But i personally feel that maybe i should go for UWA and do exposure blending for landscape then after that then start learning how to use filter. Confuse
    Any advise?
    My advise, decide after you have join a few of the landscape photography gathering. Ask the senior on the different type & brands of filter. During the outing for sure you will find all the type & brand of filter.
    Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

Hi guys, can someone please enlighten me as I am confuse with the type of cokin holder.

How do we know if which cokin series is suitable for our lens?
    Do we measure base on the lens filter size to determine if that particular series is suitable?

Do we measure from the diameter of the lens?

With the setup of lens:
    1) tamron 17-50 vc (72mm filter)
    2) ef-s 10-22mm

Is p-series enough?

I am thinking of getting
    Canon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrownInu View Post
    Hi guys, can someone please enlighten me as I am confuse with the type of cokin holder.

Do we measure base on the lens filter size to determine if that particular series is suitable?

With the setup of lens:
    2) ef-s 10-22mm

Is p-series enough?

I am thinking of getting
    You have to ask people who have used the same combo, to really find out. Tamron 17-50 no problem with cokin P. 10-22mm may have a problem even with the Cokin P wide angle holder (1 slot).

You have to ask people who have used the same combo, to really find out. Tamron 17-50 no problem with cokin P. 10-22mm may have a problem even with the Cokin P wide angle holder (1 slot).
    ok. Problem as in too small or vignetting?

I had call CP at marina square and it's sold out for cokin holder.. haiz..
    Canon

With the setup of lens:
    2) ef-s 10-22mm

Is p-series enough?

I am thinking of getting
    You have to remove any screw-in filter and use 77mm ring adaptor + Cokin wide angle P series holder to prevent vignetting. As for your 17-50VC you either get a 72mm ring adaptor or 72-77mm step-up ring.

Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    You have to remove any screw-in filter and use 77mm ring adaptor + Cokin wide angle P series holder to prevent vignetting. As for your 17-50VC you either get a 72mm ring adaptor or 72-77mm step-up ring.
    Hello dleugene
    So do you mean i am require to buy a cokin p series and a p series wide holder right?

Pardon me, why do we require a 3 holder filter?
    I thought we will either be using either GND or ND at one given time.
    Apologize as I am new to the world of filters.

I am wondering is it alright to purchase a screw on Hoya cpl for the lens instead of using square filter?

Can some senior CSers please advise
    Canon

Hello dleugene
    So do you mean i am require to buy a cokin p series and a p series wide holder right?

I am wondering is it alright to purchase a screw on Hoya cpl for the lens instead of using square filter?

Some time I use up to three filter to shoot sunset, two GND to bring up the details of the ground/sea, and one sunset GND to create the sunset mode if required.

Cheers !

Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

Hello dleugene

Not that i am recommending to buy both type of filter holder, I am just letting you and those reading this thread knows that there are 2 type of filter available for Coking P series.

With regards to 3 filter holder, sometimes i uses ND + GND for certain shots.

Everyone start out new, here a link to understand different type of filter and their uses.

CPL cannot replace a GND in anyways.

i've jus bought cokin P-series holder + 3 tian ya ND8 square filters,

but sad to say, the photo turn out to be extremely off colored ( heavy color cast)

i wonder wads wrong with the filter? or am i not suppose to stack 3 ND8 filters together?

pros and senior to enlighten me (
    Nikon D750

Quote Originally Posted by LeXjj View Post

but sad to say, the photo turn out to be extremely off colored ( heavy color cast)

i wonder wads wrong with the filter? or am i not suppose to stack 3 ND8 filters together?

stacking of the filters causes the colour cast. Its perfectly normal. Change it to BW cos i think its very hard to remove the colour cast.

Blog Entries

You might want to read this article:

You might want to read this article:

wa piangs, ty so mcuh la daredevil... u made my day!! all my photographs are back thru the custom WB! (Y)

THANKS
    Nikon D750

Blog Entries

wa piangs, ty so mcuh la daredevil... u made my day!! all my photographs are back thru the custom WB! (Y)

THANKS
    you're welcome.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234