Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cokin holder + Tian Ya filters

Default Re: Cokin holder + Tian Ya filters

Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    1 filter but same distance from what I can see. Remember there used to be a ghetto mod to saw off the 3 filter holder into a single filter holder for UWA uses.
    oh yes, apparently so.

there is still that extra slot for possible use of cokin CPL.

that's weird.

in any case, it works well.. just slight vignetting at the extreme corners when stacking nd110 + tian ya at 10mm.

Hi Nightmare bro just wonder if hitech filter has the "P series" to use with cokin? The lee foundation kit is way too expensive to spend on holder, do u have the sample of how badly the Cokin GND affect the photo? How is the nd8 compare to hoya nd400/ b+w nds?
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

i dunno much about hi-tech.

singh ray has, but i think you must order it from USA. not cheap.

haven't used a nd8 before.

Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    Hi Nightmare bro just wonder if hitech filter has the "P series" to use with cokin? The lee foundation kit is way too expensive to spend on holder, do u have the sample of how badly the Cokin GND affect the photo? How is the nd8 compare to hoya nd400/ b+w nds?
    Hi-Tech Filter fits with Cokin P Series Holder. Was there @ TK Foto yesterday and the kind gentleman showed me.

Tianya/Cokin ND8 = 3 stop
    Hoya ND400 = 9 stop
    B+W ND110 = 10 stop
    Nikon D800 | N14-24mm | N50mm | GoPro HERO 3 | Clarenze Photography

Thanks clarenz and nightmare for the verification
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    good luck, the next step up is a big jump to lee or singhray. both are massively expensive.

no, if the filter is not neutral, then whole photo will be affected. it is probably because the filter has a tint common throughout.
    Got la bro. Next step up is Hitech. It is only a little more expensive than Cokin Z-pro filters. For 100mm (4"), Hitech NDs is 60/piece. GNDs are around 70+ a piece. The holder is expensive, around 180+ with the adapter ring included.

Quote Originally Posted by Yangzw View Post
    In that case, then I have another question (sorry if I'm going off thread). Is the tint common throughout the photo or varies for GND? Because if its same throughtout then we can just correct color cast as per normal (globally)?
    You can read this: http://darthbertz.blogspot.com/2010/...by-nd-and.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    When I was still using Cokin P, the Cokin ND8 gives color cast very easily. For GND8, in the end I got Tianya.

Hoya ND400 is around 8 stops and it is a screw on filter. B+W filters are all screw on, their equivalent slotted filters are under the Schneider optics brand name and it is a lot more expensive than LEE.

Hitech comes in 85mm also. They list their stuff differently. 0.3 = 1 stop. 0.6 = 2 stops. 0.9 = 3 stops.

To see cokin color cast:
    http://darthbertz.blogspot.com/2010/...by-nd-and.html
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th August 2010 at 05:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clarenze View Post
    Hi-Tech Filter fits with Cokin P Series Holder. Was there @ TK Foto yesterday and the kind gentleman showed me.

Tianya/Cokin ND8 = 3 stop
    Hoya ND400 = 9 stop
    B+W ND110 = 10 stop
    Hitech comes with both 85mm and 100mm filter sizes.

85mm = Cokin P series compatible.
    100mm = Cokin Z-pro series, LEE compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Got la bro. Next step up is Hitech. It is only a little more expensive than Cokin Z-pro filters. For 100mm (4"), Hitech NDs is 60/piece. GNDs are around 70+ a piece. The holder is expensive, around 180+ with the adapter ring included.
    any color casts? tia for info.

i asked the same qn to him in another thread, he said no color cast ...

bbb hehe

Blog Entries

Zero bro. happy camper...

And you can buy the LEE big stopper for 180 (CP), and time to sell your ND110/ND400.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th August 2010 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Zero bro. happy camper...

And you can buy the LEE big stopper for 180 (CP), and time to sell your ND110/ND400.
    u mean big stopper better than nd110 and nd400?

And that is why I Dong! Dong, dong, dong...resisting the temptation of ND110...it's Lee's Big Stopper for me, bro..

Since I'm on the holder system already, I think it's safe to say that I can ignore the ring-types from now on... Except the C-PL issue... Lee / hitech has square filters for this, but can't rotate unless you only use it byself - still a good idea nevertheless...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    And that is why I Dong! Dong, dong, dong...resisting the temptation of ND110...it's Lee's Big Stopper for me, bro..

Since I'm on the holder system already, I think it's safe to say that I can ignore the ring-types from now on... Except the C-PL issue... Lee / hitech has square filters for this, but can't rotate unless you only use it byself - still a good idea nevertheless...
    what is so good about big stopper? share share pls

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    u mean big stopper better than nd110 and nd400?
    It's "cooler" - google "Lee's Big Stopper versus ND110".... Plus with a holder system, you only need to get the adaptor rings for all your other lenses... and the filters will cover all... except super large lenses (or those without filter threads)...

NOT too mention... it's all GA-ga-ga-GLASS!!!.... (more resistant to scratches), but careful as it will be brittle like any glass material....

But don't get me wrong - it's not the cheapest option... Adaptor rings for the holder is NOT cheap... talking about 60, 70, 80 bucks for Lee... Whereas, step-up adaptor for round type filters are only less than 20 bucks! Kenko's step-up adaptors are only 15 (already more ex than the cheaper options out there).

Lets face it, the only reason why some go for the holder system is because of the GNDs... you can vary the position of the edge (hard or soft) between grey and clear... Unlike the ring versions, die die, dead centre... If you do not forsee the usage of GNDs, then the round filter system will work well for you - but that's if you're confirm, completely, utterly, die-die very sure that you don't need GNDs period... otherwise... Landscapist, FYI, can NEVER - ALWAYS - DO WITHOUT, graduated Neutral Density filters...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 9th August 2010 at 12:02 PM.

It's "cooler" - google "Lee's Big Stopper versus ND110".... Plus with a holder system, you only need to get the adaptor rings for all your other lenses... and the filters will cover all... except super large lenses (or those without filter threads)...

NOT too mention... it's all GA-ga-ga-GLASS!!!.... (more resistant to scratches), but careful as it will be brittle like any glass material....

But don't get me wrong - it's not the cheapest option... Adaptor rings for the holder is NOT cheap... talking about 60, 70, 80 bucks for Lee... Whereas, step-ring adaptor for ring type filters are only less than 20 bucks! Kenko's step-up adaptors are only 15 (already more ex than the cheaper options out there).
    oh it's new... no wonder i never hear of it before..

http://www.ephotozine.tv/video/john-...topper-10-1684

for some, Lee's big stopper is the only way... bcos nd400 and b+2 nd110 is not available for 82mm...

for some, Lee's big stopper is the only way... bcos nd400 and b+2 nd110 is not available for 82mm...
    Hence... it has answered many UWA lens owner's prayers... (accept those lenses without filter threads... bummer)
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 9th August 2010 at 12:15 PM.

Blog Entries

what is so good about big stopper? share share pls
    Because if I am using a filter holder, I can just slide it in. And it has a IR cut element on it as well, so you will not get crazy wild casts. Even with B+W ND110, you get a slight yellow cast.

Anyway, it is out of stock. Need to order. I am planning to get one as well. And will sell the B+W ND110 soon, and yes, the ND110 is also in very high demand...

Hence... it has answered many UWA lens owner's prayers... (accept those lenses without filter threads... bummer)
    u r right man!.. why i forgot abt this... haha...

sigma 8-16 got no filter thread...

luckily i never rush to buy filters lenses etc... imho, only buy filters when u have more or less complete ur lens shoppping... i have a fren who wan to buy a 58mm 10 stops... imagine when he gets a bigger diameter lens... then spend more $$...

anyway ... tks guys...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast