Thread: SB600 wireless trigger

Default SB600 wireless trigger

Hi,

2 weeks before i bought SB600 flash, I want to know how can i operate it remotely?

i.e not mounted on camera..

I guess I will need a wireless trigger..

I checked in one of the shops in lucky plaza, price quoted for wireless trigger was 300$?

is it that expensive?

Regards,
    Sachin

Default Re: SB600 wireless trigger

Quote Originally Posted by sachinohms View Post
    Hi,

2 weeks before i bought SB600 flash, I want to know how can i operate it remotely?

i.e not mounted on camera..

I guess I will need a wireless trigger..

I checked in one of the shops in lucky plaza, price quoted for wireless trigger was 300$?

is it that expensive?

Regards,
    Sachin
    what camera do you own?
    If your camera body is wireless commander capable, you can trigger the SB600 remotely with the pop up flash.
    Exploring! :)

Yup, D80 and above should have the in built commander capabiity.

And what kind of wireless trigger are u taking about here? 3rd party ones? i dun think there's any

The only other few alternatives for CLS is SU800, SB800 or SB900 with commander functions. But that said if ur cam already have it, u can save it~
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Hi,

is it that expensive?

Regards,
    Sachin
    the shop must be looking for "carrot head" $300 is too expensive. Go to mass sale section and look around at the items selling there. i got 1 3rd party ones which is less than $100.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    what camera do you own?
    If your camera body is wireless commander capable, you can trigger the SB600 remotely with the pop up flash.
    Hi,

I have Nikon D50, i guess it is not wireless commander capable.

Hi,

I have Nikon D50, i guess it is not wireless commander capable.
    I think more versatile to buy another flash for the $300 that everyone claims is a "chop carrot head" price. Of course the flash will cost MORE than $300
    Nissin Di866 is about $400. Mounted on your camera, it can be a wireless commander for your SB600.
    Exploring! :)

agreed. for $300, might as well just get another flash like Sb600 or top up more for a SB800 / 900 with commander mode.
    D50 do not have built in commander.

I guess your situation is like mine, trying to play ard with remote flash. Try those RF dumb triggers(<$50 for a pair of transmitter+ receiver). Only thing is that you will set ur flash output manually, no more TTL-made-life-easy, or perhaps I'm wrong as I just started playing off cam flash too.

This might need those into strobist, well I hijack TS thread, nikon speedlight in remote trigger like using PW or RF triggers, can only work in manual?

Lucky plaza, only trustable would be Lords, the rest, stay away. My experiment when I first got D90, i asked 1 shop on level 2, within interval of 3 weeks, their offered price was different by few hundreds. Their store locations are promiment so rental is higher and thus, tourists got chopped deep deep. PS OT.

wireless triggers so expensive?? i tot they would cost around $50 only.. LOL... in that case u might as well upgrade to an sb-900 no?

Blog Entries

...I checked in one of the shops in lucky plaza, price quoted for wireless trigger was 300$?

is it that expensive?
    If that quote is for a Nikon SU-800, then it is very cheap.

If you want to use cheap RF dumb triggers, I seriously recommend you get a flash light meter.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 28th February 2010 at 03:16 PM.