Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCD ViewFinder in 300D??

Default LCD ViewFinder in 300D??

Just got myself a 300D, and find it kinda odd that the LCD does not serve as a viewFinder. Does anyone knows how to enable/use the LCD as a ViewFinder for 300D?

Quote Originally Posted by lingfoo
    Just got myself a 300D, and find it kinda odd that the LCD does not serve as a viewFinder. Does anyone knows how to enable/use the LCD as a ViewFinder for 300D?
    hi the LCD on the 300D doesnt serve as a viewfinder
    The 300D being an SLR has the reflex mirror which diverts the light to the optical viewfinder, so you will not be able to get "live" viewing.

The 300D is a DSLR and as such, it is not designed to let you preview using the LCD like other P&S digicams. The mirror mechanism in front of the shutter blocks off light and divert it to the prism and viewfinder. Therefore light will only hit the sensor when the mirror goes up and shutter open.

If you prefer to preview with a LCD, then the 300D is not for you unless you adapt to its operations.

Well, it's not exactly a preference, but tot that will be a Plus for getting a DSLR

So does it mean that all DSLR does not have its LCD as ViewFinder currently???

Default E-10 / E-20 does

The only DSLRs that give life LCD viewfinder are Oly fixed lens E-10 / E-20.
    These are fixed lens DSLR. The rest have only optical VF only for the resons stated above.

Look, you've got to understand that this is in no way a flaw in the system. It is designed to operate similarly to film SLRs. The censors are not meant to be exposed to light all the time. Like I said before, learn to adapt to it, if not look else where.

Well, it's not exactly a preference, but tot that will be a Plus for getting a DSLR

So does it mean that all DSLR does not have its LCD as ViewFinder currently???
    Interesting... didn't u tested it before buying it? It's a very pricely mistake you know unless you get used to it
    Lorbert.Tay@Fiat.SG

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    ... divert it to the prism and viewfinder...

I thought 300D is pentamirror and not prism?

Pentamirror/pentaprism, it still serves the same purpose in diverting light to the viewfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by lOrBeRt
    Interesting... didn't u tested it before buying it? It's a very pricely mistake you know unless you get used to it
    won't say it's a mistake. Having the LCD as a viewfinder is not the main reason I get the 300D, but wuz having tis idea that all digital cam have it...

Maybe you would like to see a DSLR as a SLR camera that happens to be using a digital sensor as its "film" (haha...picked up this tagline from EOS D60's marketing ad).

My guess why compact P&S digicams can have a "live" LCD preview is probably because the sensor size is small enough to allow it, i.e. less data to transfer and process to have a live preview.

Default Cmon man

OMG...i can't belive u just went to spend almost 2k on something u dun really noe completely...come on man...do your homework before buy stuff man.... no offence...but u sorta sound like someone who has alot of cash then just went to anyhow buy something expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Patryk
    OMG...i can't belive u just went to spend almost 2k on something u dun really noe completely...come on man...do your homework before buy stuff man.... no offence...but u sorta sound like someone who has alot of cash then just went to anyhow buy something expensive...
    my sentiments exactly...

until i tot, man, the person who sold u the camera obviously didn't explain this to u

but the 300D is a good beginner camera for those with pro intentions, u just have to remember that its foremost a SLR, no movie modes and all those gadget stuff

me want to buy one too, no money

i would gladly swap my A70 with u if u need a camera with "live" LCD preview, juz joking...

Quote Originally Posted by Patryk
    Come on man, don't make him feel any worse.

Lingfoo, you can turn this mistake into a blessing. Since you already bought the camera, learn how to use it and learn how to use it well! Who knows this mistake might just turn you into a famous photographer one day?

Learn the ways of the professional photographer, my young padded one...kekeke...

OK, I feel the heat of the flames coming right in...

no offence taken, advise noted. I am indeed an ameteur with a pro intent, ain't spending 2k for nothing. Heading down to perth for a few days for Aussie PR first landing, will be taking lotsa snaps (omg, dunno 512 enuf or not ), any recomendation on good places to check out for snaps?

Like it's going to matter? What's the viewfinder for?

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    Like it's going to matter? What's the viewfinder for?

hmm... how u see the photo u wanna snap???

hmm... how u see the photo u wanna snap???
    I mean, use the eye-level VF la.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    I mean, use the eye-level VF la.
    Oh... the LCD? good when u are too lazy to bring the optical VF to eye lvl... just for a quick shot... thou, I do still prefer the optical VF...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast