Thread: PS CS - Saving EXIF with Save For Web

Default PS CS - Saving EXIF with Save For Web

Is there any way to automate saving for web action with EXIF data saved in PhotoShop? I've recently discovered that to save EXIF from PhotoShop I need to first create some save settings from ImageReady that have EXIF properties checked, then when using Save for Web in PS, when getting to the filename dialog, clicking on the Settings box and chosing my saved ImageReady settings (called EXIF only). But when I record this as an action, the settings are not picked up. No EXIF saved! If I do it manually, EXIF works.

I'm trying to automate all this so i can batch convert folders for web. I'm doing this:

Resize image - Height = 600
    Change mode to sRGB
    Unsharp mask
    Save for web - JPG@50 (and EXIF!!)

Any ideas? Care to share how you automate this?

i just wonder why you would want to share your EXIF details on the web? You don't have to proof anything to anyone. and i always clear my EXIF whenever i post on the web. and if other ppl have a problem with it then its just too bad.

anyway just don't save for web and you can maintain you EXIF files

Quote Originally Posted by Royce
    Is there any way to automate saving for web action with EXIF data saved in PhotoShop? I've recently discovered that to save EXIF from PhotoShop I need to first create some save settings from ImageReady that have EXIF properties checked, then when using Save for Web in PS, when getting to the filename dialog, clicking on the Settings box and chosing my saved ImageReady settings (called EXIF only). But when I record this as an action, the settings are not picked up. No EXIF saved! If I do it manually, EXIF works.

I'm trying to automate all this so i can batch convert folders for web. I'm doing this:

Resize image - Height = 600
    Change mode to sRGB
    Unsharp mask
    Save for web - JPG@50 (and EXIF!!)

Any ideas? Care to share how you automate this?

Quote Originally Posted by insport
    i just wonder why you would want to share your EXIF details on the web? You don't have to proof anything to anyone. and i always clear my EXIF whenever i post on the web. and if other ppl have a problem with it then its just too bad.

anyway just don't save for web and you can maintain you EXIF files
    I've no reason to hide the EXIF - also I want it for my own purposes.
    Saving as JPG does not produce as effeciently optomised files as save for web. Don't know why this is, but my tests have shown to get near equal quality, JPG files created from save menu are larger than those from save for web (around 20%).