Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

  1. #1

    Default Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Hi all, looking for an inconspicuous bag for my 5D, with batter grip and lens attached, as well as a flash gun and another lens. Hope you guys can recommend one. Thanks!

    inconspicuous meaning when people see it, they cannot guess that's a camera bag haha.
    Cheers.
    EOS 5D| EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 17-40 f/4L | Lumix LX3

  2. #2

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Buy any normal bag that you like and add-on inserts that enough to fit in your gears.

    Or can look at Domke F3-x series

  3. #3

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Try think tank. the Urban Disguise series looks inconspicuous enough.

    Or do what I did

    get a Camel Active pouch and put the free cam bag in it, then that's the cam bag.
    Shahrul Esa

  4. #4

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Get a messenger bag and buy a padded inserted.

    Here is a pix to give you a better understanding.

    7D with BG, 24-105mm, 10-22mm, 70-200mm F2.8 IS USM, Angle Find-C, Filters, Wired Remote Control, blower and etc.....

    Last edited by Rubber_Duck; 17th February 2010 at 03:50 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    check out the domke series

  6. #6
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by wongzn View Post
    Hi all, looking for an inconspicuous bag for my 5D, with batter grip and lens attached, as well as a flash gun and another lens. Hope you guys can recommend one. Thanks!

    inconspicuous meaning when people see it, they cannot guess that's a camera bag haha.
    Think Tank Urban Disguise series is ur best bet
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by wongzn View Post
    Hi all, looking for an inconspicuous bag for my 5D, with batter grip and lens attached, as well as a flash gun and another lens. Hope you guys can recommend one. Thanks!

    inconspicuous meaning when people see it, they cannot guess that's a camera bag haha.
    What is your budget?

    Any specific brand?

    Any specific style?

    I have a backpack, messenger bag and a tote that I change around and use as camera bag depending on the occasion and gear. For the inserts in these bags, you can choose from a variety of brands too. From Domke to Artisan & Artist.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    I have the same issue as you as I also carry my 5D Mk2 around with a few lens...I think what is the best so far is think tank urban disguise...the price is high but I have thinktank bags n acessories and the quality is good...go to TK Photo n have a look, whatever you have in mind, the designer already thought of that before as they have already gather feedbacks from many people and design a bag that will suit the criteria listed...the only thing is that you have to decide which bag is suitable for you...
    Last edited by FM2; 17th February 2010 at 02:35 PM.

  9. #9
    Member NikonMI6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    .:North of Singapore:.
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    hmmm.. TS, we are on the same boat.. may i know which camera shop out there which has a wide selection of camera bags and brands for us to choose from?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    No use...if the bag is fat, there is a big chance a camera is inside.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  11. #11
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    cathay photo at peninsula
    lots of choices haha ~
    Moments

  12. #12

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Domke F6 (Olive), highly recommended. Looks like old-school bag and army-boy-bag.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    IKEA shopping bag?
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  14. #14

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by chalib View Post
    Buy any normal bag that you like and add-on inserts that enough to fit in your gears.

    Or can look at Domke F3-x series
    Hi , how do this inserts look like? Like those velcro stuff in crumpler bags?
    Cheers.
    EOS 5D| EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 17-40 f/4L | Lumix LX3

  15. #15

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    Get a messenger bag and buy a padded inserted.

    Here is a pix to give you a better understanding.

    7D with BG, 24-105mm, 10-22mm, 70-200mm F2.8 IS USM, Angle Find-C, Filters, Wired Remote Control, blower and etc.....

    Hey, out of curiousity, is this a porter bag? and don't mind can show how the insides look like?
    Cheers.
    EOS 5D| EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 17-40 f/4L | Lumix LX3

  16. #16

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    What is your budget?

    Any specific brand?

    Any specific style?

    I have a backpack, messenger bag and a tote that I change around and use as camera bag depending on the occasion and gear. For the inserts in these bags, you can choose from a variety of brands too. From Domke to Artisan & Artist.
    Budget , below 100
    Style, not specific. Both backpack and messenger will do.
    Cheers.
    EOS 5D| EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 17-40 f/4L | Lumix LX3

  17. #17

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    I suggest the Domke F-5XC. Just cut off the name tag and it's completely anonymous. Might be too small for the 5D though.

    http://www.cambags.com/canon/300d_10...5xc_frames.htm

  18. #18

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Where can I get cheap inserts from? Saw some online but the price is quite ex....

  19. #19

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by wongzn View Post
    Hey, out of curiousity, is this a porter bag? and don't mind can show how the insides look like?
    Yes, is a porter messenger bag.

    I upgraded my padded insert to a bigger one.

    The insert with a protection cover.


    Open the cover. (I can bent it and act as a double protection on the front and back.)


    Fully loaded as what I had mentioned.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

    This is how my padded insert look like.




Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •