was born in the 70s.....my memories of 'old' Singapore, among many others, are.....
- having a chocolate milkshake at the snack bar after catching a movie at capitol cinema
- the numerous small shops selling aquarium fish and indian flower garlands as you walk from
cathay cinema to selegie
- bringing my malaysian relatives to shop at ck tang, orchard road
- following my dad to cathay photo store, and also to joo ann foh to process his film
- shopping at fitzpatrick's (holland village) was a pretty normal thing to do for locals, unlike
now, where going to holland v feels like entering some other country
- satay club at the esplanade; my parents always brought me there for a meal when i was in
primary school, years later, i would bring my gf there when i was in sec 4....
and i never did understand the govt's/URA's decision to tear down the national theatre in river valley, the van kleef aquarium and the hill street hawker centre!