Thread: Stray Feline

Default Stray Feline

I'm a newbie in photography and i just got a DSLR as a present not too long ago. Hoping the expert's C&C will guide me to take better photographs.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    basically everything like the composition, shooting techniques... I haven't done any post processing yet and i welcome advice on how i can do my post processing

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    I hope to capture the feline's behavior and character and also show the brown cat as a contrast to the mundane dull tar floor in the carpark

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    It was a sudden urge to go take some photos and I went down to walk around the carpark looking for some cats to take photos of. Took me quite sometime to find this stray cat and was quite surprised the cat wasn't running away as i moved quite close to take the photo. Btw i'm using a D90 with the kit lens zooming to my max at 105mm.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I think more can be done to bring out the liveliness of the cat. Comments and critiques are most welcome and higly appreciated.

Default Re: Stray Feline

Easiest way to make a better photo would be to search for more light and a less challenging colour subject. It's going to be very hard to capture black detail in shadow, I brought back some detail through PS but it's really not something you should be bothered with at this time.

Look at some of the cats threads in our Nature forum for better ideas on composition and such. 1001 ways to shoot with such a varied subject.

Shoot more, join outings while always looking for better light. Cheers!