Thread: Film/Lomo look

Default Film/Lomo look

Spent a while doing up these normal looking shots to give it that vintage film/lomo look....Love to hear you out on where I can improve....Are the photos a little too yellowish? Can composition be improved?

Default Re: Film/Lomo look

Did some PP to give the photos a natural lomo blur....Hope to get some inputs from you guys here...

I saw the exact same pic on yr other thread in "finding difficulty in PS" or some sort? From what I am looking at, I think you already gotten a hang of PS.

Actually, I like the pic on the specs. It looks absolutely vintage (some would argue too vintage.. ha).

The way you collage the pics, is there a message out there? It seemed abstract yet I couldn't connect the dots esp. on the building/ floor/ pineapple. It prob just pics where you practiced PP (that's the next thought).

A suggestion, it would have been better if the collage is with portraits, the person with specs i.e. keep the specs pic and collage with a couple of self-portraits or whoever the specs belongs to. In that way, you can dictate the mood of the pics (fun/ lonely/ sad) OR you could simply leave the spec pic by itself.

PS. Is that a view from room or office... its a GREAT view, I saw IR there. ha.

I am using Elements 7 too.
    Last edited by Oshkosh; 18th February 2010 at 04:21 AM.

I love the glasses picture.
    nihon go o hanasemasen ka?

Nice lomo feel bro
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Oshkosh View Post
    I saw the exact same pic on yr other thread in "finding difficulty in PS" or some sort? From what I am looking at, I think you already gotten a hang of PS.

Actually, I like the pic on the specs. It looks absolutely vintage (some would argue too vintage.. ha).

The way you collage the pics, is there a message out there? It seemed abstract yet I couldn't connect the dots esp. on the building/ floor/ pineapple. It prob just pics where you practiced PP (that's the next thought).

A suggestion, it would have been better if the collage is with portraits, the person with specs i.e. keep the specs pic and collage with a couple of self-portraits or whoever the specs belongs to. In that way, you can dictate the mood of the pics (fun/ lonely/ sad) OR you could simply leave the spec pic by itself.

PS. Is that a view from room or office... its a GREAT view, I saw IR there. ha.

I am using Elements 7 too.
    Thanks for the input bro! Yeah, the collage photo was a bit of a random PP thinggie as I was still practicing around with PS....Good idea of combing portraits... I'll try mug shots next time...

What plugins were you using for the scratches and look?

Quote Originally Posted by shellshox View Post
    What plugins were you using for the scratches and look?
    Did that in photoscape....

Anyway, I shared this in the alternative photos section...Dunno if I should post this up here as well....

Just wanna share with you guys a couple of other shots I took.....Inputs are greatly welcomed....Still learning....

Tried Black n White film PP method....Uninspiring shot yes I know....Does it look film like enough?

Actually... YES! Nice job with the shadows and highlights as well.... got that 70s vibe...

Quote Originally Posted by shellshox View Post
    Actually... YES! Nice job with the shadows and highlights as well.... got that 70s vibe...
    Thanks. Btw, the photo isn't exactly BnW, it has a little tinge of yellow to it. Its not Sepia also. How can i achieve that with film?

I love this "oldish" shot, especially the spec one! it looks jz great! The noise of the photo help to pull out the feeling as well. I wont said it is too yellow, and it should stay like that!

by the way, what is the time when you took the shot of LRT? I cant really see someone inside!hehe^^
    http://tzelinlow.blogspot.com/
    http://tzelinlow.blogspot.com/

I like the specs and Nikon pic the mostt. Very nice processing, there's even scratches on the specs pic!
    Last edited by cancan7; 24th February 2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: grammar error

is there a plug in for PS CS4 to achieve this kind of effects?

Quote Originally Posted by tl880114 View Post
    I love this "oldish" shot, especially the spec one! it looks jz great! The noise of the photo help to pull out the feeling as well. I wont said it is too yellow, and it should stay like that!

by the way, what is the time when you took the shot of LRT? I cant really see someone inside!hehe^^
    LRT? You mean the train track photo? If I'm not wrong its around 12am? Can't really remember. I was at the railway station at Tanjong Pagar having supper when I took that....

Quote Originally Posted by cancan7 View Post
    I like the specs and Nikon pic the mostt. Very nice processing, there's even scratches on the specs pic!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NikonMI6 View Post
    is there a plug in for PS CS4 to achieve this kind of effects?
    No idea since I don't have CS4....

Tried out another one...

Did these as well...

Last edited by fevernova; 1st March 2010 at 12:39 AM.

i still love the first post contents the best..
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr