Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

  1. #21

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    [/QUOTE]

    May i know how you get the old film effect on your last pic?

  2. #22

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    i like this effect... above pic. worn out...

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Bay
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy73 View Post
    May i know how you get the old film effect on your last pic?[/QUOTE]

    I kinda cheated and got that from photoscape instead of doing it by layers in photoshop....

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeeey View Post
    i like this effect... above pic. worn out...
    Thanks!

    Btw, just wanna share with you guys a couple of other shots I took.....Inputs are greatly welcomed....Still learning....



  4. #24

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    ooo...
    learnt something new today!

    didnt know that photoscape has got such great filters!!

    thanks man!

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Bay
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeeey View Post
    ooo...
    learnt something new today!

    didnt know that photoscape has got such great filters!!

    thanks man!
    No problem! Photoscape is pretty awesome in fact...Just whack on the filters and you're ready to go! Can do multiple layers and then move over to photoshop to fine tune the colours and add monochromatic noise.

  6. #26
    Deregistered rgy1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    the train station one is pretty much as filmy as you get with digital haha

    if you wanted to go the extra mile add some noise and scratches and stuff on photoshop..

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Bay
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    the train station one is pretty much as filmy as you get with digital haha

    if you wanted to go the extra mile add some noise and scratches and stuff on photoshop..
    Thanks! In fact, I did add some noise but it probably wasn't enough...

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Bay
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Its an uninspiring shot, I know...But tried out something a little different and added chromatic abberations into the photograph to give the photo a toy camera look....


  9. #29

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Quote Originally Posted by fevernova View Post
    Its an uninspiring shot, I know...But tried out something a little different and added chromatic abberations into the photograph to give the photo a toy camera look....

    this pic can be improved.

    its oof unless you intended to and straighten the horizon

  10. #30

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    I like the lomo effects but unlike TS, I'm too lazy to do any PP.

    Would using a lensbaby achieve the same effects? I was looking at the lensbaby website and they look lomo-ish to me: http://www.lensbaby.com/gallery-photo.php

  11. #31
    Deregistered rgy1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Quote Originally Posted by gibberi3h View Post
    I like the lomo effects but unlike TS, I'm too lazy to do any PP.

    Would using a lensbaby achieve the same effects? I was looking at the lensbaby website and they look lomo-ish to me: http://www.lensbaby.com/gallery-photo.php
    lensbabies are just selective focusing taken to the extreme haha

  12. #32

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    For xprocessed look, just go and download urban acid action for PS from atncentral. Works
    fine for me.
    http://www.atncentral.com/zip/UrbanAcid.zip

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Bay
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Quote Originally Posted by KelvinDestiny View Post
    this pic can be improved.

    its oof unless you intended to and straighten the horizon
    Yeah, I blurred it and did some editing....Wanted to give that toy camera blurry effect...

  14. #34

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Quote Originally Posted by fevernova View Post
    Yeah, I blurred it and did some editing....Wanted to give that toy camera blurry effect...
    ic maybe a little too blur you may try using gaussian blur =)

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Bay
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Quote Originally Posted by KelvinDestiny View Post
    ic maybe a little too blur you may try using gaussian blur =)
    Sure! I'll try it again! Thanks for the inputs

  16. #36

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Quote Originally Posted by fevernova View Post
    Sure! I'll try it again! Thanks for the inputs
    you are welcome.. everyone is learning here just that need to find a better way and i find that GB works quite well for the effects you wanted rather than the current one =)

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Bay
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Btw, just bought a film camera yesteday night and took a shot of it. Its not a great photo but I tried a slightly different post processing technique to achieve a film effect...Here's the shot btw:



    Do you think its film like? I added a little bit of grain and darkened the blacks and adjusted tone curves....etc...

  18. #38

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    I like that. Very nice! Can share how you did it?
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Bay
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoushin View Post
    I like that. Very nice! Can share how you did it?
    Tweaked the contrast and curves in a little in lightroom. For the reds, I pushed it up a little so you can see the red blur of the camera strap. After that, I did a little bit of sharpening as well as darkening to bring out the "NIKON" words on the pentaprism area and also to give it a "lifting" effect since the rest of the photo is a little blurred.

    I shot wide open so there was a very thin line between the focused and unfocused area thus sharpening would help a little. Then added the filter called cinema effect in photoscape to further push up the contrast of the photo and to darken the blacks and dissolve away the details of the fake cracked leather hand grip. After which, I added a little bit of gaussain blur (just a little teeny weeny bit) and monochromatic noise.

    The border was done in photoscape....Anyway, this is just a random shot so paiseh if the subject's kinda boring and uninspiring...Was practicing on PP....

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Marina Bay
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: Old Film Effect, Lomo effects....

    Here's the same shot done differently....Tried out the Black and White effect this time....Done with purely with irfan view and photoscape....


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •