Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNY Lights At Marina Bay

Default Re: CNY Lights At Marina Bay

I think over photoshopping is always the culprit for destroying otherwise perfect pictures. I think your workflow weighs too much on the post processing side. A pity, as I can imagine the sky looking spectacular as it is taken originally. And the HDR look is really doing it injustice.

Also, when dealing with composition on crowded events, u might want to think about 'depth' in the pictures... as in foreground and background. By applying that method and adapting it to the rule of thirds, you can achieve a composition that's comfortable to the eye even in the most rowdy of places.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by yukikaze26 View Post
    I think over photoshopping is always the culprit for destroying otherwise perfect pictures. I think your workflow weighs too much on the post processing side. A pity, as I can imagine the sky looking spectacular as it is taken originally. And the HDR look is really doing it injustice.

Also, when dealing with composition on crowded events, u might want to think about 'depth' in the pictures... as in foreground and background. By applying that method and adapting it to the rule of thirds, you can achieve a composition that's comfortable to the eye even in the most rowdy of places.

Hope it helps.
    Thanx. I like the rule of thirds point.

Keep the critics to this pic pls, its too assuming to say anything about my workflow.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Sorry if I crossed the line, just trying to be honest based on my 1st impression when I looked at your picture. Cheers =)

Quote Originally Posted by yukikaze26 View Post
    Sorry if I crossed the line, just trying to be honest based on my 1st impression when I looked at your picture. Cheers =)
    Ok
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

I felt there's a color imbalance in your pic. The colorful bottom section ( lotus lamps ) in minority trying to compete the top vastness of the natural skyline. It's like a shirt that doesn't match the color of the pants. Overall composition is nice and exposure is well executed. Nice pic though ! Try cropping it such that the amount of sykline versus the colorful lotus is proportionate, the pic may look great. Human eyes look for harmony and balance.
    Last edited by Old Boy; 28th February 2010 at 11:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12