Thread: Shooting tent?

Default Shooting tent?

Hey guys, I was randomly surfing the other day and saw this interesting thing called Shooting Tent on DigiCabi's website http://www.digihub.com.sg/ProductLis...&ProductID=190

It seems to be made for product photography, which is something I do often. Anyone here got experience with those before? It looks sort of DIY-able and I'm not sure if it's worth getting since I already got some DIY studio equipments (table lamps, DIY reflector and diffuser). Also, where can I buy these tents? I've never seen them in ms color or alan photo, etc

Blog Entries

Default Re: Shooting tent?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundaholic View Post
    Hey guys, I was randomly surfing the other day and saw this interesting thing called Shooting Tent on DigiCabi's website http://www.digihub.com.sg/ProductLis...&ProductID=190

It seems to be made for product photography, which is something I do often. Anyone here got experience with those before? It looks sort of DIY-able and I'm not sure if it's worth getting since I already got some DIY studio equipments (table lamps, DIY reflector and diffuser). Also, where can I buy these tents? I've never seen them in ms color or alan photo, etc
    I have one too. But the one I have has a cover infront also, and is zippable, so that I can have the lens pointing in, and the cover is zipped over it. This is meant for shiny objects where the reflection of the camera and photog may be cast on the product.

It works well.

there are many in the market. in fact mine has a little velcro to change backdrop to various colors.

i ended up DIYing a semi transparent sphere like setup to have easier diffusion to light up the whole subject.

ryan

I have one!
    good

thanks peep , where did you guys buy it and for how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundaholic View Post
    thanks peep , where did you guys buy it and for how much?
    You can get it from the Mass Sale section http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84 . There are a few people selling them.
    Canon 60D | EF-S 15-85mm | EF 50mm f1.8 | flickr

So how do you light the tent? Flash directly onto the sides with 2 flash? Or zip up fully and flash in front? Or must use continous studio light?