Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please recommend a nice DSLR travel sling bag for ladies. TIA!

Default Please recommend a nice DSLR travel sling bag for ladies. TIA!

Hihi, I have been searching for a perfect travel sling bag to accomodate my DSLR and other accessories but till today, I am unable to find one.
    I have a Crumpler 6 million dollar but I realise this bag is too small for me when I go travelling.
    Besides D40 + 18-105mm lens, I recently just added a Holga camera & a vivitar UWS. I need to put my wallet, flight tickets, boarding passes, films, ishuffle, iphone, lip balm and some ladies stuff etc into the bag.
    Can you guys recommend a good and affordable sling bag which can accomodate all these stuff together but yet not too bulky? I know this is tough but would there really be such bag??

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by chameleon20; 15th February 2010 at 07:40 PM.

Default Re: Please recommend a nice DSLR travel sling bag for ladies. TIA!

Can try the lowepro classified series.
    Shahrul Esa

Quote Originally Posted by shahrulesa View Post
    Can try the lowepro classified series.
    Thanks, I went to lowepro website but can't really find sling camera bags. They are mostly backpacks which is not suitable for me if I go travelling as I might also carry a big backpack for my clothes. Hence looking for a sling camera bag that can go across my body after carrying the backpack...

How about a Billingham Hadley Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by ray_stinger View Post
    How about a Billingham Hadley Pro?

pro dun works for ladies... kinda weird for ladies to carry bags with handle.

too bad original no longer in production.

if not much equipment, can try hadley small.

Are we talking about a sling bag or a shoulder bag ??

LowePro classifies them separately...

Slingbags:

http://products.lowepro.com/catalog/Sling-bags,4.htm

Shoulderbags:

http://products.lowepro.com/catalog/Shoulder-Bags,3.htm

Can try Lowepro Exchange Messenger or the Crumpler 7 Million Dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon20 View Post
    Hihi, I have been searching for a perfect travel sling bag to accomodate my DSLR and other accessories but till today, I am unable to find one.
    I have a Crumpler 6 million dollar but I realise this bag is too small for me when I go travelling.
    Besides D40 + 18-105mm lens, I recently just added a Holga camera & a vivitar UWS. I need to put my wallet, flight tickets, boarding passes, films, ishuffle, iphone, lip balm and some ladies stuff etc into the bag.
    Can you guys recommend a good and affordable sling bag which can accomodate all these stuff together but yet not too bulky? I know this is tough but would there really be such bag??

Thanks in advance!
    I am using a Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home. in it: wallet, towel, tissue, note pad, paperbag book, spectacle case, 24-105mm lens, 50mm lens, extra batt, cf cards, compass, umbrella, drinking bottle... I think you should take a look. it is probably what you need.

I guess you are referring to shoulder bag as you have crumpler 6mil.

What kinda bag are you looking for? lady look? If not you can consider domke F2 which is from canvas material. Since it is canvas material, it wont look big and boxy like crumpler million series. But really it doesn't have the lady look at all

Frankly speaking, you really have a strong shoulder.

http://www.jill-e.com/

This one looks more like what an Archeologist or Anthropologist might use if they want to look a bit 'stylo' ... at least it has what looks like METAL rings and clasps. Plastic has been known to fail and cam bags go crashing! Serious. Do a search here on CS.

Or there's always the limited art edition padded and reinforced 'YAOHAN' Shopping Bag for all the times you want potential thieves to think you're just carrying the groceries home!

maybe checkout KATA DB-455, I know its not a sling bag, but I think it can meet your needs

Thanks in advance!
    buy a pretty sling bag and buy inserts from Sim Lim Sq. I can't think of a better idea than this.
    cameras are not made of tofu

billingham hadley pro

looks fine on my other half.

First off, this is not a cheap solution but I happen to think that the bag is super well-designed and very hardy.

The bag is known as the Gator Bag (http://www.redoxx.com/Airline-Carry-...100-10/product) and it is made in the USA. I used it with a camera insert, and it holds my D90 (with 18-105mm) and SB600 in the main compartment with at least one third space left to hold your Holga, UWS and film. Your wallet can also probably fit in with no issue. There is an internal pocket that can probably hold your flight tickets and boarding passes. There are two pouches in front that can hold your iphone, ishuffle, sunglasses, lip balm etc etc.

There are two side pockets - I use one to hold a water bottle when I am walking about. There s another zippered pocket at the back of the bag that can hold your passport and other stuff.

It is well-made, not water-proof but water resistant, and from what I read it is considered a "personal item" that you can carry onto the plane together with your one bag allowance. It looks small but fits a darn lot of stuff.

It is not that pretty though.
    Nikon D90|Tokina 11-16|Nikkor 18-105|Nikon 70-300 VR|Nikon 50 f/1.8D|Nikon 35 f/1.8|

Thinktank Urban Disguise 40?

Blog Entries

domke F2/J2, is the way to go, you will be surprised by how much equipment it can swallow

or the The Tenba Messenger Camera Bag
    looks like the domke but with more pockets

I second that...u may want to take a look at domke bags....F6 is nice too...there is someone selling it in bns if I'm not wrong...
    KANTAimages
    "through the lens where every memories is crafted"

Blog Entries

the f3-x is also a nice size, it all depends on how much equipment you want to stuff in there

Thanks in advance!
    Think Tank Urban Disguise series???

Here
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Blog Entries

.....kaozzz....only in Clubsnap..... you see men advising a woman on what bag to get.....
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast