Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lion dance leaping on pole competition

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    174

    Default Lion dance leaping on pole competition

    Normally held in front of Takashimaya with lion dance leaping from pole to pole. Is there any this year?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Lion dance leaping on pole competition

    That's the national lion dance championship. Next one is the 16th in series scheduled selection rounds from august 3-5/16-18/23-25/30-31/7-10 to be held at various CCs and the finals @ Takashmaya on 6th-12th Sept 2010.

    Info is googled from http://snwf.org.sg/en/activities.php

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Lion dance leaping on pole competition

    Quote Originally Posted by dev2k8 View Post
    That's the national lion dance championship. Next one is the 16th in series scheduled selection rounds from august 3-5/16-18/23-25/30-31/7-10 to be held at various CCs and the finals @ Takashmaya on 6th-12th Sept 2010.

    Info is googled from http://snwf.org.sg/en/activities.php
    Wow, still a looooong way. I thought its around CNY time.

    Thanks for info.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Lion dance leaping on pole competition

    Quote Originally Posted by fresh angle View Post
    Wow, still a looooong way. I thought its around CNY time.

    Thanks for info.
    That one would be the International Lion Dance Competition. ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7zkDm6Vmfs
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Lion dance leaping on pole competition

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    That one would be the International Lion Dance Competition. ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7zkDm6Vmfs
    Vid shown was 3rd International Lion Dance held @ Clark Quay if i'm not wrong. If TS is referring to the one held @ Taka then shud be the National Lion Dance Championship...





  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Lion dance leaping on pole competition

    Nice photos.

    So there are 2 different competition in a yr? When will be the one at Clark Quay?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lion dance leaping on pole competition

    Quote Originally Posted by fresh angle View Post
    Nice photos.

    So there are 2 different competition in a yr? When will be the one at Clark Quay?
    Thks ! Just happened to be there with my daughter and she went berserk upon hearing the drums (diehard fan). Luckily camera was with me but sadly only my street lens Sigma 17-70 and the 50mm F1.8 so just shoot lah. Anyway pic is highly cropped.Not too sure...but since it's international liondance i presume it doesn't necessarily means it will always be held in SG.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Lion dance leaping on pole competition

    If the winner of the Nationals get to go to the International, then this year competitors will be pretty impressive.

    this one was taken at Bugis. -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYSuHHK-4p8

    From the recent lion dances i have seen, seems there is an explosion of new moves compared to the more traditional movements.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Lion dance leaping on pole competition

    Actually I find each dance is really too long. The initial part was the lion seizing the situation and that itself take too long. Perhaps the association can standardize it shorter. i notice some of the judges last yr were frigetting, short of dozing off.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •