Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manual lens focusing with KX

Default Re: Manual lens focusing with KX

or isit you must use a lens with quick shift ? becus how do you MF when camera is set to AF ?

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3d View Post
    The catch in focus is only for pentax lenses ? 3rd party lenses can do it? i tried it with my sigma lens and when i fully press the shutter it just AF and takes a shot ... setting it to MF will only take a shot when i fully press the shutter even when OOF...
    or isit you must use a lens with quick shift ? becus how do you MF when camera is set to AF ?
    The catch in focus works with my manual focus Pentax A/M/K lens.
    I think it will work with AF lens if the lens has a switch to turn to MF.

are you able to use M42 screwmount lenses with a adapter ? tried but when fully press shutter releas it just takes a shot even when AF mode selected on body ...

The catch in focus is only for pentax lenses ? 3rd party lenses can do it? i tried it with my sigma lens and when i fully press the shutter it just AF and takes a shot ... setting it to MF will only take a shot when i fully press the shutter even when OOF...
    We were discussing about how to use manual lens, which are lens from when cameras do not have auto-focus and we have to adjust the focus with our hand, ie manual.

If the Pentax lens is autofocus and the camera setting is AF, then the camera will focus it when the button is pressed halfway. If the setting is MF, then the camera assume you will be doing the focus yourself the manual way and ignore if out of focus.

Hope that explains it?

i know that . but im wondering why it wont work with my M42 50mm 1.4 lens with an adapter ... screw lens wont work with catch in focus?

It seems that catch in focus only works for pentax lens. I have the same problem as you when i used a chinon manual lens 50mm F2.

But when using a pentax-m 50mm, this feature works as described.

.... i am using a Asahi Pentax Super-Multi_coated 1:1.4/50 manual M42 screwmount lens with an adapter Its a pentax lens anyways !! So if im not wrong catch in focus can only be used with k-mount manual lenses?

.... i am using a Asahi Pentax Super-Multi_coated 1:1.4/50 manual M42 screwmount lens with an adapter Its a pentax lens anyways !! So if im not wrong catch in focus can only be used with k-mount manual lenses?
    Just FYI. Someone in pentaxforums shares similar experience on some M42 lenses
    http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...-k20d-m42.html

Thx for the link ill try putting a piece of aluminium foil later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12