Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 450D Newbie !

Default Re: Canon 450D Newbie !

Which kit lens is the TS using? Canon 18-200mm IS?

Quote Originally Posted by isnapyou View Post
    I've already been learning my camera for 9 months ( still learning! haha) ! So yes, i was thinking of buying a new lens!
    Still you can't give a good reason. Is it some fancy custom that you learned about: after a certain time a photographer is expected to get new lenses? Feel free to spend your money. I'm just worried that you might follow an illusion, as what night86mare said.
    EOS

i have less than a month with my 500D. tot i should learn more on the kit lens rather than jumping into new lenses. i want to see the limitations kit lens. by doing so i will get new satisfaction in photography. i am looking at 55-250mm next but difinitely not now

Welcome onboard~
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

BBB virus is real strong here. Really, think of what you want to shoot before jumping to buy new lenses, else, it'll be a waste of money.

My advice: Learn the basics of your camera body and kit lens first before you even think about buying a new lens. Like me, I keep shooting with my kit lens 18-55 for 4 mths before I eventually found out I love macros and portraits. That was why I bought a new 100mm f2.8 macro USM for myself right at John 3:16, and I enjoyed using it very much.

But, one word of caution. Recce, and I mean really recce, each place for prices first if you ever want to buy a new lens. I learnt my lesson after falling for the vitacon 3rd party lens, which ended up to be a total rip-off.

In any case, I cannot speak for you, you will be the one who will decide whether my words hit the mark or not.
    I love macro close-up and portrait photography

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Still you can't give a good reason. Is it some fancy custom that you learned about: after a certain time a photographer is expected to get new lenses? Feel free to spend your money. I'm just worried that you might follow an illusion, as what night86mare said.

No, certainly not that mentality, just that I like to shoot portraits , so I would like pictures where the background is very very blur!

Quote Originally Posted by zzhihuaa View Post
    My advice: Learn the basics of your camera body and kit lens first before you even think about buying a new lens. Like me, I keep shooting with my kit lens 18-55 for 4 mths before I eventually found out I love macros and portraits. That was why I bought a new 100mm f2.8 macro USM for myself right at John 3:16, and I enjoyed using it very much.

But, one word of caution. Recce, and I mean really recce, each place for prices first if you ever want to buy a new lens. I learnt my lesson after falling for the vitacon 3rd party lens, which ended up to be a total rip-off.

In any case, I cannot speak for you, you will be the one who will decide whether my words hit the mark or not.
    Yup! I like to shoot portraits where the background gets really really blur!

Quote Originally Posted by numnumball View Post
    welcome onboard~
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zzhihuaa View Post

I know , that's why I'm thinking very carefully and really consider what lenses to buy since I love to take portraits with really really blur backgrounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Which kit lens is the TS using? Canon 18-200mm IS?
    I'm using 18 -55

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    welcome to cs
    thanks! :d

Get the 50mm f/1.8 if you like taking potraits.
    its a cheap but good lens!
    Shooting today anyone?

I know , that's why I'm thinking very carefully and really consider what lenses to buy since I love to take portraits with really really blur backgrounds!
    Learn what makes the background blur. Your kit lens can deliver this effect to a certain extend.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by MusKidd View Post
    Get the 50mm f/1.8 if you like taking potraits.
    its a cheap but good lens!
    Agreed. Had used/compared it with 24-70F2.8L in a photo shoot, I would say that at F2.8, the L lose in term of sharpness to this prime.

... but, but ... when i take, my picture is blur all around! maybe i'm the blur one ...

try 85mm f1.8.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12