Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sensoklear VS Sensor cleaning brush

Default Re: Sensoklear VS Sensor cleaning brush

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    If your hands are that destructive, your whole camera disintegrated long ago.

Just learn to use minimal pressure can liao.
    Seriously, if you do know me personally I think you will say I have hands of destruction also.

Anyway 20D cant disintegrate. Because its body is aluminium alloy.

Yea. Maybe will practice with cotton bud swiping coins to clean the surface without moving it. If success means can control the power of downforce and swipe. By then can try it on sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think e2 is not as good as eclipse for cleaning wise - it takes longer to dry up due to higher water content.
    Yea. Some of those forums and sites that teaches people how to DIY cleaning did mention that slow drying characteristic of the E2 solution have side effects. E.G: Leaving stain behind and also increase the chance of dust mixing with the solution causing new welded dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature88 View Post
    Yea. Some of those forums and sites that teaches people how to DIY cleaning did mention that slow drying characteristic of the E2 solution have side effects. E.G: Leaving stain behind and also increase the chance of dust mixing with the solution causing new welded dirt.
    well, no welded dust la, but the streaks can be problematic. still avoidable if you do it properly.

for a while, e2 was there because photographic solutions wasn't sure if original eclipse would destroy tin oxide sensors over time.

you can read this, this is quite funny... i have no idea what the guy did. more often than not, these horror stories are because of people's stupidity, which they will not dare to admit in public. so they just coat the stories another way to make themselves appear less careless, etc.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/822385

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    well, no welded dust la, but the streaks can be problematic. still avoidable if you do it properly.

for a while, e2 was there because photographic solutions wasn't sure if original eclipse would destroy tin oxide sensors over time.

you can read this, this is quite funny... i have no idea what the guy did. more often than not, these horror stories are because of people's stupidity, which they will not dare to admit in public. so they just coat the stories another way to make themselves appear less careless, etc.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/822385
    Ohh. I see. Commonly mentioned are the welded dust as the solution dries. Thanks for the addition info. Really useful before starting to DIY sensor clean.

The only stupidity I could think of is the user drip the solution into the sensor itself then on the swab. Hahah. Will read it after this post is posted.

Anyway how do I find out what type of coating is coated to my camera LP filter? Although the Eclipse did list 20D as one of the compatible one, they did not mention bout the type of filter coating for those which are supported. Tried to google it but no solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature88 View Post
    So that means I cant use the Lens Pen tip but have to get the Sensorklear pen? Does the additional carbon have effect on the low pass filter of the 20D?
    The carbon is in powder form, which can come off the LensPen tip on to the lens surface. Easy to blow off in this case, but not so when cleaning CCD.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    The carbon is in powder form, which can come off the LensPen tip on to the lens surface. Easy to blow off in this case, but not so when cleaning CCD.
    Thanks for the clarification. Luckily I didnt use the Lens Pen to clean the sensor. If not there might be more spots now then before. Need to start going to those camera to look for Sensorklear after CNY.

Hi all. Just to let those who are subscribed to this thread. I have tried cleaning the sensor with Sensorklear and it is effective with welded dust. Now my sensor no longer is dirty as I take pictures with f32 and the outcome is completely clean.

Btw I thought I was having the Lens Pen all along when I was having the Sensorklear. It is a recommended tool for those who wanna have their sensor cleaned with minimum cost. Maybe if this doesnt works, then try the wet cleaning method which generally will be the option of no option.

P.S: Those who want to know the price, I bought this Combo kit at CP at Penisular plaza for $27 if my memory didnt fail me. Included is a Lens Pens brand blower, micro-fibre cloth, SensorKlear and SensorKlear refill tip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12