Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1D Mark III maters come in please

Default Re: 1D Mark III maters come in please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 D Mark III user outing
    Date: 13th of March 2010

Master: (transportation, food and drinks provided)

Students:
    Tony
    Tarun
    yrh0413
    azafotos

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    With no offense to geeteetree, the first thing you want to do is get a firm grasp of how the EOS AF system on the 1 architecture thinks and works.
    or fully grasping a 500D before going to the 1D series.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Is there anyway, you can pass that to me? Thanks!
    u have to ask DM lay, it belongs to him.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Hmm, missed Deniss' reply earlier.

Have you managed to download the papers Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Hmm, missed Deniss' reply earlier.

Have you managed to download the papers Tony?
    Was on holiday last few days. I managed to download some materials from the internet. But I am not sure if they include the one you mentioned.

The good thing is I got better results from my Chinese New Year holiday already by just scan through some of the docs.

Thanks!

count me in if the plan is finalised

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    can visit here for instructions on setting the camera.

AI Servo autofocus manual
    This is a good site to start with....but you still have too shoot enough to understand how the AF works. An outing with the pros is good, but if you do not practice after that you will definitely forget.

Also for your outing to be meaningful and if you really want to test out the AF Servo of 1D3, you have to get some moving subject to shoot. It is best if you can be at a sporting event and etc to try it out.

1 D Mark III user outing
    Date: 13th of March 2010

Master: (transportation, food and drinks provided)

Students:
    Tony
    Tarun
    yrh0413
    azafotos
    aaSKaa

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    This is a good site to start with....but you still have too shoot enough to understand how the AF works. An outing with the pros is good, but if you do not practice after that you will definitely forget.

Also for your outing to be meaningful and if you really want to test out the AF Servo of 1D3, you have to get some moving subject to shoot. It is best if you can be at a sporting event and etc to try it out.
    Thanks for the advice. I did some experiment shots last week after reading some materials. The result is already improving.

Yes, for the outing, I am considering a local sport event that is free to enter. Anybody has any ideas which one would happen ono our outing date - 13 Mar, 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I did some experiment shots last week after reading some materials. The result is already improving.

Yes, for the outing, I am considering a local sport event that is free to enter. Anybody has any ideas which one would happen ono our outing date - 13 Mar, 2010?
    i dunno but here's a couple of suggestions: skatepark (probably will be packed with e kids who'd be eager to get their photos taken?), east coast lagoon cable ski thingy (location?), cricketeers/baseballers on wkends (kallang open field in between kfc n leisure park field) ... my 2cents.. but e thing is wld they mind hvin their pictures taken by us? or we cld just head to the birdpark... =D

Quote Originally Posted by azafotos View Post
    i dunno but here's a couple of suggestions: skatepark (probably will be packed with e kids who'd be eager to get their photos taken?), east coast lagoon cable ski thingy (location?), cricketeers/baseballers on wkends (kallang open field in between kfc n leisure park field) ... my 2cents.. but e thing is wld they mind hvin their pictures taken by us? or we cld just head to the birdpark... =D
    Mmm...east coast (water ski or the indoor soccer) sounds a good idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12