Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "untitled"

Default Re: "untitled"

anymore comments on "leveling the eye" ?

From a portrait perspective, i thought 'generally', we should avoid having both eyes level ?
    else it tends to be more static instead of looking more dynamic.
    (unless static is the shooter purpose)

Frankly speaking, i'm not sure if portrait rules apply to animal.
    Advice will be appreciated, Thanks.

one thing you might want to take note of, is not just about getting the shot.

sometimes you have to wait for the right light. flashing animals tends to give them a rather demonic look in the eyes.

why not wait for the daytime? if one cat is skittish, there's always going to be a friendly one eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by redwine View Post
    From a portrait perspective, i thought 'generally', we should avoid having both eyes level ?
    else it tends to be more static instead of looking more dynamic.
    (unless static is the shooter purpose)

Frankly speaking, i'm not sure if portrait rules apply to animal.
    Advice will be appreciated, Thanks.
    i am not aware of such portraiture rules.

but i do know a good portrait shooter, called zemotion.

these are the last two photographs on her flickr stream:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemotion/4348753711/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemotion/4273808685/

which have the eyes "on the same level", as i understand your meaning of expressing eyes being level.

Question Re: "untitled"

tried going to filter>distort>lens correction, but the "lens correction" option was not there am using photoshop 7...dunno what to do

Quote Originally Posted by rangeen View Post
    tried going to filter>distort>lens correction, but the "lens correction" option was not there am using photoshop 7...dunno what to do
    hi rangeen, i am using photoshop CS2. i googled photoshop 7 & lens correction and i believe you will need to download a plug-in for the lens correction feature.

http://wareseeker.com/Graphic-Apps/a...0.1.zip/439079

would suggest going to adobe website to read more about the plug-in before any installation.

slightly tilted, straighten up the eyes will look better.. stronger contrast for more punch. May be B&W might be more effective.. the fur color a little distracting.

Smile Re: "untitled"

Hi Pokémon thanks for your efforts couldn’t find a good combination for ps7 and lens correction filter so upgraded to cs4 n here are the results hope you all would like it........

deslin27 -
    Suggestion well taken have tried straightening the eyes n have also played around with the contrast as well hope it looks better

Please feel free to comment n tell me if I’m wrong somewhere

Smile Re: "untitled"

untitled part-2 has also been uploaded n will be here in a short while from now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12