Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which TC to go with nikkor 70-300 VRII?

Default Re: Which TC to go with nikkor 70-300 VRII?

Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    ok, but please realised that this is going out of topic here. I am not v concern whether it is VRI or VRII, or rather the teleconverter is why i start this thread.
    I believe you know the importance of mentioning the correct version of lens to get a compatible teleconverter. My earlier post was to clarify your reply to knpan. If you find that the clarification is irrelevant to your request of compatible TC, then good luck with your search.

Quote Originally Posted by geekbrains View Post
    I believe you know the importance of mentioning the correct version of lens to get a compatible teleconverter. My earlier post was to clarify your reply to knpan. If you find that the clarification is irrelevant to your request of compatible TC, then good luck with your search.
    i think it should be clear enough that there is only one VR version of this 70-300.

ok, back to topic; teleconverter and not VR anymore
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

To set the record straight, the Kenko PRO 1.4x is compatible with the Nikkor AFS 70-300mm VR and AF is possible but is rather but not painfully slow in good lighting.

It's more than good enough for distant landscapes (and stationary subjects) but would be heavily compromised otherwise.

IQ is subjective. Sometimes, you just need the reach.

Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S View Post
    To set the record straight, the Kenko PRO 1.4x is compatible with the Nikkor AFS 70-300mm VR and AF is possible but is rather but not painfully slow in good lighting.

It's more than good enough for distant landscapes (and stationary subjects) but would be heavily compromised otherwise.

IQ is subjective. Sometimes, you just need the reach.
    ok, thanks a lot man
    D90|10-24mm f3.5-4.5G|70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G|18-105mm VR f/3.5-5.6G|35mm f/1.8|SB700|MB-D80

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12