Thread: New Photographers Assistants

Default New Photographers Assistants

Hello people

Just would like to gather a bunch of like-minded people who are just starting to become photog's assistants. Preferably those who spend at least 3 times a week assisting or are about to do so.

I am also one of these people and would like to start a mailing list so that we can share resources and ideas. You can be a full timer with a particular studio or a full time free lancer. Whatever you are so long as you are willing to share and help others.

It could be peer support, sharing of ideas and even shoots to boost our portfolios. But lets just start off by starting a mailing list and some self intro. Most importantly let's keep it friendly and free-spirited. Please drop me an email at the_gestapo@yahoo.com to start the list rolling.

Cheers

Default Hiy

Hiy, came across this msg. Anyway idea where can i get a position as a photographer assistant. Been keen in it but no idea how to find one. Thanks.

can you actually make a living doing fulltime PA?

Lightbulb yes, you can

Yes, you can. But do not expect to be paid well. Treat it as getting real experience working close to a photographer and learning at the same time. Keep your eyes and ears open. Ask lots of questions. Expect to work long and irregular hours.

The way to get such jobs is to approach the photographers you have in mind. If they do not have an opening currently, asked to be kept on their record when there are future openings. One advice is to choose a photographer whose work you admired very much. Good luck.

orh! the magician's apprentice understand liaoz.