Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go for Photography courses?

Default Where to go for Photography courses?

Hi,
    I wish to take up basic photography courses. I wonder which place to study would be better? Any suggestions?

http://www.pss1950.org/programs.php#courses
    http://www.photoart-sg.com/index-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    Hi,
    I wish to take up basic photography courses. I wonder which place to study would be better? Any suggestions?

what type of courses are u looking for??? SAFRA Photo Club is conducting courses as well....

Quote Originally Posted by reignman77
    what type of courses are u looking for??? SAFRA Photo Club is conducting courses as well....
    where can i get course details and rates?

where can i get course details and rates?
    from the club itself. if not call the club staff at 63773681/2. if u need any course and cost enquries, i can PM u.

Basic Photography...hmm if I recall correctly the SubStation use to offer courses in Basic, Portrait, Journalism, black & white etc. at their premises.
    Costs are reasonable and they are well run by a pro.
    Took a few of the courses.
    Sometimes back though...don know if still exists
    Perhaps U can check it out.

Hi,

www.pss1950.org

Quote Originally Posted by fantom
    Basic Photography...hmm if I recall correctly the SubStation use to offer courses in Basic, Portrait, Journalism, black & white etc. at their premises.
    Costs are reasonable and they are well run by a pro.
    Took a few of the courses.
    Sometimes back though...don know if still exists
    Perhaps U can check it out.
    still there !

Is taking photography course really necessary? Can I find a lao-jiao to teach me the basics in photography instead of paying hundreds to go for the course?

Quote Originally Posted by cheatchu79
    Is taking photography course really necessary? Can I find a lao-jiao to teach me the basics in photography instead of paying hundreds to go for the course?
    yes. it can be done. self-learning by trial n error and making your own conclusions wrt yor individual style of shooting is possible. but i guess photog schools layout everything 4u so u need not spend the xtra time on trial n error.

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    yes. it can be done. self-learning by trial n error and making your own conclusions wrt yor individual style of shooting is possible. but i guess photog schools layout everything 4u so u need not spend the xtra time on trial n error.
    Well, isn't trial and error supposed to be good? One learn by making a lot of mistakes right?

Well, isn't trial and error supposed to be good? One learn by making a lot of mistakes right?

SAFRA at Bukit Merah

provided u can get a mentor to guide u personnally....

Well some of the teacher or Pro can help not just to correct mistakes But also gain Professional Certification for those who want to excel in this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberian
    SAFRA at Bukit Merah
    got further details of this cost? nature of course, duration, cost? can't seem to find out anything from the sfra website.

Quote Originally Posted by weeguy
    got further details of this cost? nature of course, duration, cost? can't seem to find out anything from the sfra website.
    7 lesson $157.50 for SAFRAPC member, $176.40 for SAFRA member and $189 for non member

as well as NAFA (18 month cert) & Laselle (studio photography)
    prepare to pay more $$$

Hi all,

I am willing to work with those of you that would like to learn photography. I have been wanting to pass on much of what I have learnt in the past 14 years to younger photographers..

Of coz.. since this would be taking up time.. and effort.. I would be wanting to charge a token fee.. and keep groups small and interactive.. I have done this once before.. and basically I do not put a limit to the amount of time per session..

For topics of interest that I am not proficient at.. I will find someone that can impart the best knowledge for you, and he/she will be your guide..

For those that are interested.. you can drop me a PM.. or email @ gadrian@singnet.com.sg for a rough guide to what I will be exploring with you..

Adrian.

u can also learn by reading photography books, and photography websites. if u like, this xin-jiao can give u pointers.... just drop me a pm.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast