Thread: Workflow for print and web

Default Workflow for print and web

Hi, I have some question regarding the workflow use for print and web. Do you guys normally have a seperate workflow for print and web other the resizing, USM, color correction? How about dpi setting, need to set image to 300 dpi for print and 72 dpi for web?

Or anything to look out for when processing photo for print or web? Just want to hear your view. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    Hi, I have some question regarding the workflow use for print and web. Do you guys normally have a seperate workflow for print and web other the resizing, USM, color correction? How about dpi setting, need to set image to 300 dpi for print and 72 dpi for web?

Or anything to look out for when processing photo for print or web? Just want to hear your view. Thanks.

Everything is the same for me except the last part where I save for different resolution for print and for web.

Generally the same, but print demands more quality and the need to edit in full resolution, which is considerably slower. For web, i size down everything before editing - much faster.

Oh, prints also have less dynamic range than the screen. i try to avoid putting impt elements in the shot across a huge range, knowing that either the highlights or shadows will 'dissappear' in some prints.