Thread: Night photography & walkaround in Sydney?

Default Night photography & walkaround in Sydney?

Hi, anyone know where is gd for casual photography and walk around (lanscape/activities or people) during night time in sydney. Preferably not too far off from City center as my hotel is down there.

Default Re: Night photography & walkaround in Sydney?

Kirribilli which is just on the northern side of the harbor bridge. Has the best of everything good old school architecture, some great views, though it is rather quiet as far as foot traffic goes....lots of tourists though around the base of the bridge. You can walk underneath the bridge from there and up to luna park also:P

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBarracuda View Post
    Kirribilli which is just on the northern side of the harbor bridge. Has the best of everything good old school architecture, some great views, though it is rather quiet as far as foot traffic goes....lots of tourists though around the base of the bridge. You can walk underneath the bridge from there and up to luna park also:P

Great. thanks! I be alone so won't be going to Pub or any drinking places. Just want to get around to take photos and videos....do not think shopping centres over there open till late like S'pore.

dont go to sydney, you'll get mugged.

melbourne is where its at yo.
    ahah

Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post

ahah
    U sure its that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by shemster View Post
    Hi, anyone know where is gd for casual photography and walk around (lanscape/activities or people) during night time in sydney. Preferably not too far off from City center as my hotel is down there.
    If you stay to areas where there are other tourists, you should be fine.
    Otherwise do not go out alone at night, this is not Singapore.

You might as well pass me all your money and cameras.. save you the mugging.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    If you stay to areas where there are other tourists, you should be fine.
    Otherwise do not go out alone at night, this is not Singapore.

You might as well pass me all your money and cameras.. save you the mugging.

Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post

ahah
    keke...

Another Urban Legend
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    keke...

Another Urban Legend
    I stayed for 2 years whilst studying in Sydney 2 years back. I don't think it is a legend. Esp after seeing a classmate get mugged in broad daylight outside the International House in campus.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

well, it take common sense to know that you should avoid alleys or streets that are quiet and to look around and see if anyone following u or anyone suspcious in the place. This apply not only to Australia but anywhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by FM2 View Post
    well, it take common sense to know that you should avoid alleys or streets that are quiet and to look around and see if anyone following u or anyone suspcious in the place. This apply not only to Australia but anywhere in the world.

Thumbs up Re: Night photography & walkaround in Sydney?

Darling harbour is a good place...

Quote Originally Posted by shemster View Post
    U sure its that bad?
    it is not that bad, dun worry about it. just dun be too flashy and loud. and golden rule, always be aware of your surroundings and possible escape routes.

sydney and melbourne is generally alright to walk around at night.

and yes, the shopping centres and shops close real early, at around 5+pm local time. at aroudn 3.30pm local time, you will see a lot of them heading home.

Quote Originally Posted by FM2 View Post
    Ahhh some common sense!!! fantastic

i do not think it's that safe to walk around late in sydney. you can try darling harbour or circular quay as it's more crowded with tourist at night. definitely not pubs area like oxford st late at night.

Quote Originally Posted by staz View Post
    i do not think it's that safe to walk around late in sydney. you can try darling harbour or circular quay as it's more crowded with tourist at night. definitely not pubs area like oxford st late at night.
    I stay in Sydney for a few years. I think is generally an ok place.
    As long as you been to JB and know how its like? Then you will feel that Sydney is much a better place to be in.

Even in SG, "Low Crime doesn't mean No Crime."
    Everywhere is the same, just be alert when you are outside.

Quote Originally Posted by ngkelson View Post
    I stay in Sydney for a few years. I think is generally an ok place.
    As long as you been to JB and know how its like? Then you will feel that Sydney is much a better place to be in.

Even in SG, "Low Crime doesn't mean No Crime."
    Everywhere is the same, just be alert when you are outside.
    i have stayed in sydney for a few years as well. I do see a few people doing drugs on streets occasionally. mugging cases reported by my friends at least 3 cases. drunks throwing bottles and taunting while walking on the street and experience other encounters personally around my place as well.

Quote Originally Posted by staz View Post
    i have stayed in sydney for a few years as well. I do see a few people doing drugs on streets occasionally. mugging cases reported by my friends at least 3 cases. drunks throwing bottles and taunting while walking on the street and experience other encounters personally around my place as well.

haha... yes these kind of cases happens everywhere occasionally even in SG.
    Sydney is not as bad as trust me.

Just "Be alert when you are outside".

North Sydney is a nice place too. Check out Kirribilli for some night shots. Will not regret. Cheers...