Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you spend more time on photography?

Default Re: How do you spend more time on photography?

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Hmmm... sounds like... you? Really?

hahaha yeah, both sides got say la

can ask the goat help me carry my model's and my barang barang when i shooting

Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    hahaha yeah, both sides got say la

In that case, riotvan, I must say that your other half has a slightly better life than me.
    I got to work REALLY hard to keep my er... ahem... other half's interest going.
    Work like crazy, poor me.
    So late at night already, still got to crack my brain thinking of what else to advise the TS so that he can spend more time on photography.

(TS, sorry sorry, this is beginning to look like a Kopitiam thread.
    Please forgive me. I will comply with your thread. Thanks for the OT! )

to the ts

you can ask her along when you go out to shoot, then can shoot pretty pictures of her too

Quote Originally Posted by dacteo View Post
    Hi all

JUst wanted to hear your views.

I have been shooting a few months but still think there are areas to improve. But face a problem that its quite difficult to squeeze time out from my wife to go shooting alone or with fellow csers so as to shoot more and improve.

Woman can really be cumbersome if they find u spend too much time on it and they also dun have the patience with u to wait for the shot... think maybe some of u will understand.

Anyone face similar situations before? any advices?
    you newly wed isn't? ok lar, just try to shoot things inside your house first, than around your place, than slowly slowly go further and further away..
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Hi all

I have been shooting a few months but still think there are areas to improve. But face a problem that its quite difficult to squeeze time out from my wife to go shooting alone or with fellow csers so as to shoot more and improve.

Woman can really be cumbersome if they find u spend too much time on it and they also dun have the patience with u to wait for the shot... think maybe some of u will understand.

You should try shooting from your home first out of your window. You can also setup tripod and shoot in the house and you will start to realise that your home has alot of interesting things.
    Canon 60D | EF-S 15-85mm | EF 50mm f1.8 | flickr

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    In that case, riotvan, I must say that your other half has a slightly better life than me.
    I got to work REALLY hard to keep my er... ahem... other half's interest going.
    Work like crazy, poor me.
    So late at night already, still got to crack my brain thinking of what else to advise the TS so that he can spend more time on photography.

(TS, sorry sorry, this is beginning to look like a Kopitiam thread.
    Please forgive me. I will comply with your thread. Thanks for the OT! )
    wow... u guys sure stay up late... haha

thanks for all the suggestions... i really hate to cut down on it just when I starting to pick things up.

Did ask her to join me take up photography before but she keep saying you shoot nice can already. I no need learn... I am not a photography genius lor...

Getting a new prosumer seems a good idea so as to get her involved. .She keeps saying my dslr is heavy. I bought a LX3 recently without her knowing it. Maybe I would try it again and show the LX3 to her to get her involved.

I am increasingly busy these times and few will know wat kind of **** i got myself into when i got time i sleep. or eat. or work. i dunno how to make more time for photography. maybe honeymoon i shoot abit more to make up for the long paucity.

ryan

Did ask her to join me take up photography before but she keep saying you shoot nice can already. I no need learn... I am not a photography genius lor...

Getting a new prosumer seems a good idea so as to get her involved. .She keeps saying my dslr is heavy. I bought a LX3 recently without her knowing it. Maybe I would try it again and show the LX3 to her to get her involved.
    Don't take her word for it. As long as you don't hug & kiss your camera in front of her, you'll be safe
    Take the shot!

[QUOTE=dacteo;5851554]Hi all

QUOTE]

fret not my freiend. there are ways to get around these. make it a point to bring that cam EVERYTIME you and her go for a walk,dinner,meet ups or any other activities. just take candid shots of her, later show it and tell her how nice/cute/beautiful/sexy/ she is. never ever give smoky compliments to them, somehow they know that you are lying.

like others have said in here, you can try to take shots inside the house, near the window or anywhere for a start. that's what i've been doing. and i take shots of my wife cooking, doing house chores and her 'showcased glasswares' and antiques. when she said,'eh this is nice ah', i'm just happy to hear that. for woman, they just want to hear and feel nice things from husbands, if you know what i mean. so that cam and photography can be part of that 'nice' things for her.

if you need more tutorials pm me

cheers
    papajanggo33
    Fun in photography is inFinity
    My Flickr

Blog Entries

Hi all

Ask her to be model lor. Simple solution.

If you like to shoot XMM unrelated to you... Then good luck to you.

TS u are not alone......haha....

1. Shoot in the early morning when family is still asleep. Landscapes, morning scenes, markets, morning activity all fit well into this. If they wake at 9+ to 10am, even better. You can then slot in macro, plants, in fact anything..

2. Shoot inside the house. Still life, product shots.

3. Shoot photos of your family.

4. Shoot immediately before or after work. Sunsets. City lights, etc

Hi all

1. Spend more time with the wife
    2. Bring the camera wherever you go

Blog Entries

i shoot

1. om my way to work
    2. during lunch
    3. on my way back home
    4. while waiting to pick up daughter from class

it all depends on your choice of subject

get a cam tat makes it easy 4u to bring out daily (i used a gf-1)

Then steal time(see opportunity) & shoot...flower. street.....etc....ez when u are in sales

if office job....hmm.....dont voyuer!

Hi all

Anyone face similar situations before?
    any advices?
    Man.. we are in the same boat..
    As i only get to squeeze some time out on weekends to shoot becos of my hectic work schedle. So we compromised by doing the things she like on weekends, and whatever time thatremains, for me to shoot..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

I tried poisoning my gf to take up photography but it isn't her thing. Thus I'm now a loneranger...losing sleep to sneak a couple of hour here and there.... before or after meeting her.

Quote Originally Posted by L-plate View Post
    I tried poisoning my gf to take up photography but it isn't her thing. Thus I'm now a loneranger...losing sleep to sneak a couple of hour here and there.... before or after meeting her.
    Man, this is hard for you. Wonder if galfriends come in camera forms...........
    Take the shot!

TS, I think if photography is your one major hobby, she should be more understanding and allow you the time to grow in this hobby.
    Now if you're already spending a lot of time on other interests besides her (eg. car modification, computer gaming, etc), then you really have no excuse
    But seeing how most girls like to take photos of themselves or their friends, it would amaze me if a girl wasn't remotely interested in photography.
    My gf refuses to get a DSLR, but she's using an LX3, and we sometimes go out to photograph landscapes together sharing 1 tripod. I think that's a good compromise... There was some initial reluctance, but now she's more addicted than me sometimes!!
    Exploring! :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast